News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Books

Started by alanrotoi, January 11, 2013, 06:09:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Today I bought with my girlfriend 11 books! At the awesome price of € 30.34!!! My 7 books (the other 4 were for her) are a couple of historic novels, myths and history of Rapanui (Isla de Pascua), a book about UFOs (just €1 xD), Myths of the Incas, a book about Caciques (native american clan leaders) from early Argentina and "The Elfstones of Shannara" of Terry Brooks.

Yee! Let's  list and recommend the books we are buying :)

CTG

The first book I started to read by will since 1998:

M. Scott Peck - People of the Lie: The Hope For Healing Human Evil

BonzaiJoe

I read a whole book yesterday. It was Jose Luis Borges: The Aleph (collection of small stories)
Next up: Octavio Paz.
But we can't be quite sure.

CTG

Btw printed or e-books?

I prefer the first one. If you spend 10-12 (or even more) hours per day staring at a monitor, the last thing you want is to watch another flickering screen...

alanrotoi

That's right, I mean printed books.

alanrotoi

BTW BJ good to know you read Borges! He is considered the best argentinian in literature. And in 1hs I'll be in the street J.L. Borges xD Byeee!

zaqrack

Quote from: CTG on January 11, 2013, 12:48:39 PM
Btw printed or e-books?

I prefer the first one. If you spend 10-12 (or even more) hours per day staring at a monitor, the last thing you want is to watch another flickering screen...

my Kindle is not flickering at all :)

BonzaiJoe

The Borges book was really good. It was a bit like Kafka, but with more fully developed stories, and less depressive...

BonzaiJoe

I couldn't deal with the Paz thing because it was in Norwegian, and a work of scientific non-fiction. So I read Georges Perec instead, and now on to some Erlend Loe, for a comic intermezzo.

JTK

Very nice piece of art by Susanna Hesselberg close to Aarhus:
http://www.thisiscolossal.com/2015/06/hesselberg-library/
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

BonzaiJoe

Wow, nice. I hope I get a chance to see that.