Stunts - the Game > Stunts Reverse Engineering

first alpha version of StuntsVM is ready

<< < (2/3) > >>

Duplode:

--- Quote from: llm on August 15, 2015, 08:37:36 AM ---so what was your compare system - linux/dosbox, a real dos-machine?

--- End quote ---

Linux/DOSBox, which is how I usually play Stunts. It is safe to use DOSBox as a reference for physics: out of several thousand competition replays there are no known cases of divergences between laps played in DOSBox and in real DOS. (By the way, in the previous post I forgot to mention that I managed to reproduce the issue with StuntsVM running in a Windows XP virtual machine.)

llm:
so what are exactly the steps (1.,2.,3.) i need to take to see the "bug" - reproduceable for both replays

Duplode:

--- Quote from: llm on August 16, 2015, 09:37:52 AM ---so what are exactly the steps (1.,2.,3.) i need to take to see the "bug" - reproduceable for both replays

--- End quote ---

Load the replays from the "Option" menu, rewind to the beginning with the "|<" command, and watch them at normal speed. In the Z168 replay, the car will leave the track unnaturally at ~34s; in the Z70 one, the car will land on water at ~50s. (Note: If you rewind the Z70 replay after the sinking and play it again it will crash at a different point. That in itself is not an issue, as such things occasionally happen with powergear replays in the original game.)  In the original executable, both laps are completely successfully by following the same steps.

llm:
it seems that fake86 already got that problem

llm:
StuntsVM is much slower compared to DosBox (or better said inaccurate) - because of the missing dynamic core - could it be that stunts got these errors if the environment is too slow?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version