News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

On the fate of Xylocaine

Started by Duplode, September 04, 2015, 05:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these should be the next Xylocaine race?

Whenever the bonuses make it happen (i.e. the default option)
0 (0%)
ZCT171
0 (0%)
ZCT172
0 (0%)
ZCT173
0 (0%)
Special late December round (i.e. inbetween seasons)
2 (100%)
Never
0 (0%)
Other (please explain in a reply)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Voting closed: October 04, 2015, 05:59:42 AM

Duplode

I feel the "Xylocaine problem" raised in ZakStunts news is worth a non-binding opinion poll. Relevant quotes, for the sake of completeness:

Quote from: Duplode
Will we *ever* have a Xylocaine race? Should Zak just ban it outright, or alternatively set a month apart for it so that we brace ourselves in advance?
Quote from: Akoss Poo
DUP: Xylocaine race... well, maybe as a bonus track, outside the championship, after ZCT173 finished and there are still 12 days in the year. Just an idea.
Quote from: Marco
Why? Whatvis the xylocaine problem?
Quote from: Duplode
@Marco: Easy handling plus weird powergear, likely requiring a special-purpose, carefully designed track to make the race enjoyable.
Quote from: Akoss Poo
Because racing the Xylocaine is rather about digging deep into the weird and UNREAL physics of the car instead of fast/technical driving. I think Stunts is not about this.

My vote went to Option 5, for various reasons - including that I really like the idea of a ZCTP4  :)

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Also Option 5. I would also call it ZCTP4. IMO it shouldn't count into the championship. First week of 2016 can also be the part of the Xylocaine race.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

dreadnaut

I suppose a well designed track could be fun even as part of the season. Maybe an anti-Xylo track, leaving some hope for other cars? :P

alanrotoi

I agree with a ZCTP4 race at the end of the year. It may count for the championship just like the previous zctp (plus tracks from 2002). I don't see any problem as the final match for the title :)

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on September 05, 2015, 12:15:24 AM
It may count for the championship just like the previous zctp (plus tracks from 2002). I don't see any problem as the final match for the title :)

I don't think it should count, as it is a little late for changing the season schedule.

Friker

Duplode

Quote from: Friker on May 08, 2016, 11:30:03 AM
What happend?

Not very much. There was no Xylocaine race in 2015 (thanks in part to bonus corrections), and its contract wasn't renewed for 2016.