News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2016

Started by Shoegazing Leo, December 28, 2015, 10:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

The scenarios for Brazil's Copa América group are mildly interesting. Results so far:

Brazil 0 - 0 Ecuador
Haiti 0 - 1 Peru

Brazil 7 - 1 Haiti
Ecuador 2 -  2 Peru

Ecuador is out if it fails to win against Haiti. If Ecuador wins and there is a winner at Brazil v. Peru both final round winners go through, with Ecuador second in the group. However, if Ecuador wins and the other game is a draw then Brazil, Peru and Ecuador will be tied at 5 points. In that case, goal difference in the games against Haiti will be decisive: Brazil will certainly go through, Peru will be massively disadvantaged for only winning 1-0 and Ecuador will need to win by two goals to ensure qualification.

Shoegazing Leo

Peru is the country with the most immature jokes in Brazil, because is a coloquial term to 'penis' and the new Peru's president is PPK which can be read as 'pepeca', a coloquial name to 'vagina' in brazilian portuguese.

Duplode

Which one is funnier: the state of the Brazilian NT or CONMEBOL refereeing?

Duplode

Good luck to the Hungary NT! It feels uncannily appropriate that Hungary returns to the big stage in a match with Austria  :)

Shoegazing Leo

Dunga, Gilmar Rinaldi and their staff were fired from Brazil NT.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on June 14, 2016, 07:53:13 PM

Common joke on Hungarian Internet sites. :-)

Btw Hungary won the match 2-0!!! The end of a long-long struggle. I was a little kid, 2.5 years old during World Cup 1986. I haven't ever seen Hungary on a big tournament (maybe in Atlanta, the '96 Olympics). And a victory over a stronger team! Fifth beer rolling through my throat!!! Fantastic!!! :-)
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Shoegazing Leo

I would drink this victory if I wouldn't sick, taking a lot of medicines for the flu and a earache

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on June 14, 2016, 08:28:08 PM
I would drink this victory if I wouldn't sick, taking a lot of medicines for the flu and a earache

Quick recovery and a shot of pálinka for you! :-)
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Usrin

The joke with Franz Joseph is historically not correct: the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy had two separate national teams, like the members of the UK do have now.

Yesterday's game was unforgettable! No matter what will happen in the next rounds, EURO 2016 became the greatest success for Hungarian football for the last 20 years. I write only 20 years, because I felt very similar in 1995, seeing Ferencváros qualifying for the 16-team Champions League against Anderlecht (BEL), then beating Grasshoppers (SUI) 3-0 in the first round. Although I hated Ferencváros in the national league, it was obvious they represented the whole country in international cup games. (That could not work today with clubs working as pure businesses, blowing their money on players with no link to the country or the city...)

Ferencváros' success did not continue in the rest of that Champions League season, they could not compete with the big ones (Ajax and Real Madrid). So a second Hungarian victory (not impossible against Iceland) would really make it the greatest football experience of my life...

But today there's another important game for me: Russia-Slovakia. SLOVENSKO, DO TOHO!  8)
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Usrin

FANTASTIC SLOVAK VICTORY!!!
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.