News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Highlights 2016

Started by Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister, February 15, 2016, 02:55:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Topic starter.

30 January: train trip to Kassa (Kosice), sightseeing, eating, drinking, shopping there with Ildi.

Now we are planning to get to Nyíregyháza or Sárospatak/Sátoraljaújhely this weekend to spend two nights there.

Other main things for me these weeks: see 'Be failed' topic.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Friker

Quote from: Akoss Poo on February 15, 2016, 02:55:27 PM
Topic starter.

30 January: train trip to Kassa (Kosice), sightseeing, eating, drinking, shopping there with Ildi.

Now we are planning to get to Nyíregyháza or Sárospatak/Sátoraljaújhely this weekend to spend two nights there.

How did you enjoy Košice? I really like that city. :)

Quote from: Friker on February 15, 2016, 04:01:24 PM
Quote from: Akoss Poo on February 15, 2016, 02:55:27 PM
Topic starter.

How did you enjoy Košice? I really like that city. :)

I live only ~100 kms from there, so it was the third time I've been there. Of course we visited the cathedral, the main square, checked at the train and the bus stations the connection to the Tatras and the Slovak Paradise (possible future trip), ate a big döner, did the shopping (beer, chocolate, cheese etc.), sought Hungarian memorial places (the calvary hill for example).

629.09 km

dreadnaut

Wow, that cathedral looks great.

I'd like to travel in Slovakia and Hungary this year or the next, if I can put the time aside. I'll come here for suggestions I think :)

zaqrack

Good opportunity for a World Stunts Meeting!  8)

A good weekend in Sárospatak and Sátoraljaújhely.

In Sátoraljaújhely there is a much longer better and more beautiful bobsled track than the one used at WSM 2004. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIZEUICLyCw Also one of the best pizzas eaten in Hungary in this town.

629.09 km

Highlights since February:

1-3 April: a spring weekend in Felsötárkány and Eger with Ildi and amateur meteorologist friends
14-16 May: a spring weekend in the Slovak Paradise with Ildi, hiking (Vel'ky Sokol, Maly Kysel', Glatz plateau etc.)
11 June: hiking, reaching the Salatin peak (Western Tatras, 2048 m)
8-16 July: summer holiday with Ildi in Bulgaria (Sozopol-Burgas-Varna)
23 July: hiking, reaching the Rysy peak (Tengerszem-csúcs, Meeraugspitze, High Tatras, 2499 m - record)
27-28 August: a weekend in Zsámbék, at my mother's
2-3 September: gulash cooking party, sleeping outdoor in a tent with Ildi

other: Blues Company concert, hiking in the Bükk, cycling in the Bükk and to Lake Rakaca, grill parties, travelling to Debrecen and Gödöllö

629.09 km

zaqrack

Nice and eventful summer!

For me nothing major this year, we are in the process of buying a house, so we spare as much as we can :) No holidays planned next year either for the same reason.

Jun 3 - returning to Shanghai for a business trip, revisiting some of my favorite places
Jul 1 - family day trip to Balatonfüred with an excellent meal at Baricska Csárda
Aug 20 - biking trip in the Karancs mountains near Salgótarján - wonderful, for me formerly unknown part of the country.
Sep 2 - first mountain bike trip with my son! He was very brave, we completed 27km and 650m elevation. Well deserved grilled trout at the end of the trip :)

and lots of small hiking/biking trips in the nearby mountains and fresh vegetables from our community garden.

Fun summer! Now we enter a new age as Barni started school, so we have to wake early every weekday. Not looking forward to that! :)

Quote from: zaqrack on September 07, 2016, 05:13:58 PM
Nice and eventful summer!

For me nothing major this year, we are in the process of buying a house, so we spare as much as we can :) No holidays planned next year either for the same reason.

Jun 3 - returning to Shanghai for a business trip, revisiting some of my favorite places
Jul 1 - family day trip to Balatonfüred with an excellent meal at Baricska Csárda
Aug 20 - biking trip in the Karancs mountains near Salgótarján - wonderful, for me formerly unknown part of the country.
Sep 2 - first mountain bike trip with my son! He was very brave, we completed 27km and 650m elevation. Well deserved grilled trout at the end of the trip :)

and lots of small hiking/biking trips in the nearby mountains and fresh vegetables from our community garden.

Fun summer! Now we enter a new age as Barni started school, so we have to wake early every weekday. Not looking forward to that! :)

Sounds good!

Behind the Mátra and the Bükk Mountains, there is really a wonderful and quite undiscovered, unknown part of the country.

629.09 km