Author Topic: Bliss - Race for Immortality  (Read 704 times)

Duplode

• Considering trying out spam
  • Through the astral door - to soar
    • View Profile
    • The Southern Cross Stunts Trophy
Re: Bliss - Race for Immortality
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2016, 09:50:40 PM »
[NAWOG is a] Nice idea but it's just the same as a track built completely on water.

Nice insight, but for it to be fully equivalent we would need to replace hills with volcanoes  :)

Cas

• Stunts Master
    • View Profile
    • Dimioca Labs
Re: Bliss - Race for Immortality
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2016, 11:32:50 PM »
Remember that the sole purpose of the NAWOG basic rule is to be able to forget about penalty time. A strict OWOOT could be used instead with similar results. NAWOG, in my opinion, is the least restrictive way in which a race can be held with penalty time being ignored. It's the no-penalty-time rule that gives the race its interesting aspect and this is not possible in ZakStunts, for example, on a track built on water, since say, jumping from a path to another would almost always result in penalty time.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Cas

• Stunts Master
    • View Profile
    • Dimioca Labs
Hunting, NAWOG, both, other ideas...?
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2016, 12:55:23 AM »
So... has the hunting competition project never been implemented?   The deadline for R4I is only a couple of weeks ahead and I'd like to define what would be best to have for this summer... (winter for the guys in Europe).

Another thing I had been thinking is that the project to restart the permanent competition records is something I could help in doing. I could start with OWOOT records for the original tracks, or handle OWOOT, OWOOT+NoRH and Free/Zak-style records for each of them.... or I could just take care of the OWOOT records and leave the others for the ZakStunts site. We can arrange that with Dreadnaut.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.