News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Bliss - Race for Immortality

Started by Cas, October 19, 2016, 03:34:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 29, 2016, 09:05:27 AM
[NAWOG is a] Nice idea but it's just the same as a track built completely on water.

Nice insight, but for it to be fully equivalent we would need to replace hills with volcanoes  :)

Cas

Remember that the sole purpose of the NAWOG basic rule is to be able to forget about penalty time. A strict OWOOT could be used instead with similar results. NAWOG, in my opinion, is the least restrictive way in which a race can be held with penalty time being ignored. It's the no-penalty-time rule that gives the race its interesting aspect and this is not possible in ZakStunts, for example, on a track built on water, since say, jumping from a path to another would almost always result in penalty time.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Cas

So... has the hunting competition project never been implemented?   The deadline for R4I is only a couple of weeks ahead and I'd like to define what would be best to have for this summer... (winter for the guys in Europe).

Another thing I had been thinking is that the project to restart the permanent competition records is something I could help in doing. I could start with OWOOT records for the original tracks, or handle OWOOT, OWOOT+NoRH and Free/Zak-style records for each of them.... or I could just take care of the OWOOT records and leave the others for the ZakStunts site. We can arrange that with Dreadnaut.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.