News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Race for Kicks

Started by Duplode, December 09, 2016, 06:18:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Quote from: Overdrijf on October 31, 2018, 09:07:12 AM
What has a monocle but no speed limit?

Die Ottobahn!

It suddenly struck me: did Otto race DTM, either before or after his Formula One career? 28 years seems quite a long while to stay only in F1  :D

(By the way, a reminder that the deadline for the current race is Sunday 25th, 23:59:59 UTC -- only four days left!)

Cas

Yep... it's almost finished. I'm glad that the system has been doing pretty well. No major bugs. The issue with Leo's replays had to do with the fact that it had been designed for one car per race and had to retouch it, but other than that, I'm happy that it works well. I'll have to start thinking what we'll do for the last race of the year :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

GTAManRCR

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on December 09, 2016, 04:17:23 PM
Next chapter: race for punches

And then: Street Fighter Racing

It would be fun  ;D :D ;D :D ;D ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D ;D
Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

Overdrijf

I have a rules question/thing I'd like to brag about. I also posted it on the scoreboard, but I don't think other drivers can download it from there, so it's not as effective a brag. The thing that happens here at the first loop, is that legal in R4K?  ;D

dreadnaut

Quote from: Overdrijf on October 18, 2020, 12:45:34 PM
I have a rules question/thing I'd like to brag about.
That's some impressive magic carpet there! I don't think I've ever seen a car gain such altitude without also spinning out of control. The brag is valid, but I think the replay is not, since you are not "executing" the loop :D

Overdrijf

It's going to be my new signature move, the upside loopcut. I'm going to redo every single loop in Zakstunts until I get this replicated.

(No, not really.)

Cas

Hey, you should have been able to make the replay public in the scoreboard, unless there's a bug. Anyway, as expected, and sadly, I can't approve it for OWOOT :(  because it doesn't execute all stunts, but it really is an impressive one, so I've opened the track in the permanent competition, where you can re-post the replay as Free OWOOT. That would make it valid.

As I mentioned in the chat room, this kind of happenings make me consider turning R4K into a primarily Free-OWOOT (as opposed to strict-OWOOT) tournament with occasional strict OWOOT tracks (opposite to what it is like now). Another such event was when somebody (not sure, but maybe Alan Rotoi) posted a replay that I couldn't approve because he drove on the roof of the tunnel. Also, strict-OWOOT makes me feel compelled to avoid using u/d corks in tracks. What do you guys think?

On the other hand, R4K is like it is because it's inspired in the rules of Paleke's WSC.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

dreadnaut

I'm happy to race strict-OWOOT: I like the format, but GAR is too painful for me :P