News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Live Races 2019

Started by dreadnaut, February 13, 2019, 07:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cas

Please let us know when an exact date and time are set. My availability is this:

- On Friday, I have this birthday party in the evening, but would be able to race in the afternoon or earlier (like, before 11pm GMT)
- On Saturday, I have the whole day, yet it'd be best if I know what time it'll be in advance
- On Sunday, I have something to do, but I can do it at the time I choose, so it's important to know what time the race will be to arrange
- In general, if the time and date are set in advance, I am available any day
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Overdrijf

So Sunday 20:00 GMT? Dreadnaut started this thread, would you do the honors of designing the track?

EDIT: In case we feel like a round 2, would that be on the same track, or shall I volunteer to make a backup?

dreadnaut

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 14, 2019, 10:57:36 AM
So Sunday 20:00 GMT? Dreadnaut started this thread, would you do the honors of designing the track?

Sounds good!

Next live race is then on Sunday 17th, 17:00 Buenos Aires / 17:00 Brasilia / 20:00 London / 21:00 Rome and Budapest. We'll meet on the forum chat at that time.

Attached are two tracks, although they are actually the same: I made "Sundown" first, but I put down the finish line in the wrong direction, and discovered that it was also an interesting track. So "Sunrise" was born! I think they allow different approaches, but they also have a few nasty bits ::)

For both I would add the rule "The loop must be looped".

As usual, feel free to practice on the tracks, the cars for both is the Porsche P962.

Cas

Great, then! :)

So, like before, will there be a last-moment modification to the tracks to prevent old replays being sent?
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

dreadnaut

Quote from: Cas on March 15, 2019, 12:46:49 AM
So, like before, will there be a last-moment modification to the tracks to prevent old replays being sent?

Yep, as usual there will be a small change that affects the actual track, invalidating any pre-recorded replay. E.g., adding some ice or some dirt, a tunnel, a slalom, etc.

Only thing, please don't remove the icy segments which mark the lap line—we'll need those for scoring!

Overdrijf

Quote from: dreadnaut on March 14, 2019, 11:50:18 PM
Sounds good!

Next live race is then on Sunday 17th, 17:00 Buenos Aires / 18:00 Brasilia / 20:00 London / 21:00 Rome and Budapest. We'll meet on the forum chat at that time.

Minor note: when I google it Brasilia appears to be in the -3 bracket with Buenos Aires, that would make it 17:00 Brasilia as well. I'm guessing last time there was some daylight savings time going on.

afullo

Yes, some parts of Brazil have DST from November to February...

Overdrijf

Skid. It's raining a lot so I have to go kayaking this weekend. Yes, that's like a law or something. It looks like the others have a preference for the Sunday. In that case I'm not making it back in time. I might just be able to visit the chat from my phone to cheer you guys on. Thanks for choosing the Sunday so I could join, I was really looking forward to it, but this is rare enough that I shouldn't let the opportunity slip. (That's of course true for a Stunts live race as well, but that makes it a full day vs an hour and a half.)

I'll try harder to make it next time.  :-\

dreadnaut

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 15, 2019, 06:51:52 PM
Skid. It's raining a lot so I have to go kayaking this weekend.

There's no arguing with propitious weather, go, have fun, bring us back a cool picture —e.g., kayaking through a cork l/r!  And if you come back early enough, you know where to find us :)

(thanks for spotting the wrong time, post above fixed)