News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Live Races 2017

Started by dreadnaut, January 30, 2017, 12:50:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

I'll try again, this time with a date! Who's in for a live race on Saturday 18 Feb?

See the race rules and previous entries.

Cas

Sounds great! :)  We should agree on a time and make sure we have enough quorum!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

Let's do it!  :) We should leave a note on the shoutbox when it gets a little closer to the planned date.

dreadnaut

September Live Race

After the the double bill in February, maybe it's time for a new live race!

Who is around for about an hour, one of the next weekends? Cast your vote for 16, 17, 23 or 24 of September!

(if you are new to live races, see the race rules and previous entries)

Cas

I'm in!  Definitely!

The ideal date for me would be the 23rd, because the 14th is my birthday, which makes it likely that I do something on the 16th and because on Sundays I tend to not be at home in the afternoons, but anyway, if I know in advance, I could make space for any of the other days.

I think we should make it double (or maybe triple) this time again. I could prepare one of tracks (or two). It'd be great if we had many participants this time. We could make a video explaining the rules and promoting the live race, upload it to YouTube and post it on the site :)

dreadnaut

Let's day Saturday 23rd then :)  Two or three tracks makes sense, since the a single race can be packed in 20-25 minutes.

arturbmallmann

Do what time it will be(UTC)? At night i will be playing.

ahhhhh. Some moderator unlock Seeker's account here on forum. He his waiting a long time hehehhehe.

dreadnaut

Quote from: arturbmallmann on September 10, 2017, 10:05:44 PM
Do what time it will be(UTC)? At night i will be playing.

Very likely in the evening, since the pipsqueaks from South America are on -4/-5 hours.

Cas

Maybe an announcement should be made as "news" on ZakStunts site about the Live Races, so we ensure enough quorum. Is it possible to also include an image there, so it calls everybody's attention?  Oh, and was Seeker's account activated in the end?

dreadnaut

I can sneak in a news item on the main page I suppose. I'll do it this weekend, in parallel with some changes I have in mind.

I think only Zak and Duplode have permissions to enable accounts, if it hasn't happened yet they might be busy.

Cas

Maybe we should PM them about it, although it should populate as soon as they log into the forum :S