News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

My old tracks

Started by Cas, February 01, 2017, 05:44:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cas

It's already been about three times that Marco and I mentioned to each other that we have old tracks that we've made long before the Stunts online community was born, nearer the time when Stunts first came up. So well, here are some of mine. I have a lot more, but I'll share three for now, for all of you, specially for Marco!

These three are very typical examples of the way I used to build tracks back then. It was 1993 and 1994. My driving skills were not good and I certainly was not fast, ha, ha. I used to make tracks with the idea not of trying to get a new record, but making it difficult to survive the track. So they were usually very long and contained many stunts... completely inadequate for racing. I also liked exploiting track element combinations and creating split points that would take you to a trap :P  Madryn and Terror are older tracks. You can see I still had not figured out I could change the terrain. Cities was created later.

While selecting among my tracks to post here, I found that one (called "Newdies") is of a reasonable length to be raced (although it also contains a number of very long alternative paths). I may post it later if we'd race it.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Marco

Cas

I'm trying to open it. I normally can't read RAR files, but I downloaded unrar-free and still, I'm getting "unknown method". Also tried with an old DOS RAR version under DOS Box and said the same thing :(

Duplode

Quote from: Cas on February 04, 2017, 03:33:20 AM
I'm trying to open it. I normally can't read RAR files, but I downloaded unrar-free and still, I'm getting "unknown method". Also tried with an old DOS RAR version under DOS Box and said the same thing :(

The RAR opens here, so I repackaged it as a ZIP.

Cas

Cheers, Duplode!  I don't know why it doesn't recognise the format. Maybe it's a newer RAR version, but I just downloaded the unrar, so it should be the newest version.

EDIT: Great, Marco. I've been taking a look at the tracks and they very much remind me of my 90's design style. I've been racing a couple of them. Some are very long, though, just like mine.

Cas

Hey, this is a very old post, but I was looking trying to find it in the forum, because I was pretty sure I had posted my old tracks here. Now I see it was only three of them. Alan Rotoi asked me yesterday about my tracks, so I went and found them in my hard drive. I'm sure I've made many more in the old times, but here's a bunch of them as well as some by friends and family and many old replays. If you want to watch the replays, you'll have to do it on Brøderbund Stunts 1.0, which is the version I had in the '90s.