News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Writing article about Stunts - interviewees wanted!

Started by Oliver_M, April 04, 2017, 02:03:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oliver_M

Hi everybody,
I'm writing an article for RockPaperShotgun about the enduring appeal of Stunts and its community, and am looking for people to talk to about the game - why you like it, why you keep playing it, how it's survived this long, what the community's like, and so on. You can reply below, message me, or send me an email at <oliver.f.milne@gmail.com>. My deadline is Monday, so if you've got anything you'd like to say or you just want to put the Stunts community out there, get in touch this week!
Oliver Milne

Duplode

Hello and welcome, Oliver!

This sounds great, and I'm definitely up for it! I encourage my fellow pipsqueaks to take part as well -- in particular, it will be nice if you get to talk with people from different generations. By the way, I'm leaving a note about your invitation at the ZakStunts shoutbox, to make sure everyone around sees it.

Oliver_M

That's great, Duplode, thanks - I've sent you a PM. Anyone else interested, please get in touch soon!

dreadnaut

A few lines coming in your direction by email, hope it's not too late :)

Cas

Great article, Oliver!  Thanks for writing about us :)
Only one tiny mistake:
in glorious 640×480 resolution -> Stunts uses 320x200!   Even more glorious! :)

I'll download this article and keep it :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

I like how the article, in a thousand words and seven screenshots, touches on, or alludes to, so many things. The track editor. The surprisingly interesting physics. Modding and tools. The sandbox environment. The make-your-own-rules attitude. The multiple levels of meta-game. Replay handling. Competitions. The Golden Generation. World Stunts Meetings. The Europe-Sudamerica axis. The story of AbuRaf70.

JTK

And I'm still being a little bit proud being (or having been) a part of it.  8) Loved to read the article an will link it to the English and German Wikipedia.
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

arturbmallmann

Cool!! Tank you, Oliver_M.
Quote from: JTK on April 13, 2017, 12:15:01 PM
And I'm still being a little bit proud being (or having been) a part of it.  8) Loved to read the article an will link it to the English and German Wikipedia.
Me as newbie am a little proud too. I know i came late, but i would like to see a 'eternal' blood flow on this community.
ahhhh.... a i'm a bassist too! heheheh

JTK

Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Duplode

An Italian site picked Oliver's article as the theme for an editorial. It has a beautiful title: I giochi sono di chi li gioca ("Games belong to its players").

BonzaiJoe

This was a really nice article. Good work, guys.
But we can't be quite sure.

alanrotoi

Cas

Earth is my country. Science is my religion.