News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT196 - It's in the details

Started by dreadnaut, October 30, 2017, 01:39:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

Simple and short, hope it will work well for the GAR side-race.

Shoegazing Leo

Is there this sentence in italian? "The Devil lives in the details" - "O Diabo mora nos detalhes"

Cas

Oh! That sentence sounds very cool in Portuguese. In Spanish, it doesn't feel exactly the same, because "mora" translates as "vive", but "vive" also means "is alive". We also have the verb "morar", but it's very seldom used. If I were to translate this into Spanish, I'd say "El diablo reside en los detalles", which sounds very formal. Alternatively, I could drop some meaning in favour of informality and say "El diablo está en los detalles". These sentences are not predefined in Spanish, though.

Nice track, Dreadnaut!  A very carefully balanced split. Before the adjustment, Bliss reported that I should take the long way, although the opponent would be taking the other. After the change, it agrees with the opponent that the shortest path should be followed. However, I'm finding it easier to perform well by taking the long path... so far...  We'll see what comes up :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Shoegazing Leo

"mora" in portuguese is "lives" (in a place), but "vive" could be used without change of meaning of the sentence.

Shoegazing Leo

And "vive" is "be alive" too in portuguese. We are talking about two languages separated by a gallego.

Shoegazing Leo

The difference between the two paths is very tiny. The longest is easier, but I believe that, with the exact technique or bug, the shortest can be the winner path.

dreadnaut

We do have the expression in Italian —il diavolo si nasconde nei dettagli— but it's not very common. I think it arrived recently from English or another language, rather than being an old saying. I like that in Italian the devil hides, rather than just being there. I more of a devil thing to do, hiding :)

Glad the two routes are as close as I hoped they would be! The original version had a tight junction at the end of the alternative path, instead of a wide one, which added more than a second to the lap. Now the outer loop should be a bit faster, compared to clean lines on the inner road. A cut or two might be able to balance the difference!

dreadnaut

Ah, I should have replaced the sharp corner with a larger one, on the alternative path, and the two ways would have been even closer. And maybe removed some points from the LM002 :P

Need to test the track more next time! :)

dreadnaut

I suppose it's going to be really quiet on the scoreboard until... the quiet days :P

Cas

I can keep on trying to better my lap, but it really feels hard already to improve it. It's clear that the whole matter is about concentrating in the curves.

dreadnaut

Quote from: Cas on November 17, 2017, 07:57:52 AM
I can keep on trying to better my lap, but it really feels hard already to improve it. It's clear that the whole matter is about concentrating in the curves.
Yes, good cornering is the key here. It seems that the LM002 can take them in the last gear, but not losing to much speed is quite tricky!

Cas

Yeah, I think I have reached my limit. It would take me lots of time to better the lap I posted. It was especially difficult to take the third corner (the one after the slalom) without losing considerable speed. Also, a few things proved hard to do. Namely, even after completing a turn with a very good time, I might end up at a certain gear with a certain speed that would not be a good combination to gain acceleration with a trick. This is true after the second corner, wanting to speed up using the first boulevard and after the fourth corner, riding the banked road. This would sometimes force me to redo the previous turn even though the time was good.