News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Profile updates and changing password

Started by dreadnaut, September 20, 2018, 11:43:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

It should be now possible to change your login password from the "Edit profile" page.
There is no password reset yet, so don't forget the new one ;)

I've refreshed the rest of the profile information too, and removed "Height" and "Years of experience". The first one seemed a bit random, while the second felt always out of date.

Let me know if you want them back, of if you'd like to add different information!

Duplode

Quote from: dreadnaut on September 20, 2018, 11:43:14 PM
It should be now possible to change your login password from the "Edit profile" page.
There is no password reset yet, so don't forget the new one ;)

It works fine. Now let's see if I can avoid forgetting the new password  :D

Quote from: dreadnaut on September 20, 2018, 11:43:14 PM
I've refreshed the rest of the profile information too, and removed "Height" and "Years of experience". The first one seemed a bit random, while the second felt always out of date.

Let me know if you want them back, of if you'd like to add different information!

I suggest adding them back. The intent was to have the same fields as the opponent profiles.

(For maintaining the "Years of experience" field, we might add the years elapsed since registration at ZakStunts to the value, if you don't find that too silly a thing to do :))

dreadnaut

Quote from: Shoegazing Leo on September 21, 2018, 06:06:39 PM
Could you merge the infos with Leo Ramone with Shoegazing Leo?

There, should be done now! I have changed all the results 2004-2006 from Leo Ramone to Shoegazing Leo. Earlier results are in different tables which I don't understand entirely, so I won't touch them for the moment.

Cas

Maybe "Years of experience" has more to do with playing Stunts than with the online community, so they could be separate things, but I think it's good like this too. By the way, a forum thread from the time when I had just registered in the forum suggests that I registered in ZakStunts shortly after, because Paleke invites me to join his team. Yet, my registration appears more much recent. Is it possible this has ever been reset?  Just curious.

And being able to update the password is really great!! :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

dreadnaut

Quote from: Duplode on September 21, 2018, 08:33:08 AM
I suggest adding them back. The intent was to have the same fields as the opponent profiles.
Quote from: Cas on September 22, 2018, 03:30:24 AM
Maybe "Years of experience" has more to do with playing Stunts than with the online community, so they could be separate things, but I think it's good like this too.

I see, matching the Stunts opponents profiles makes sense. I could make that:

• a custom number (the current choice)
  • the number of years since joining ZakStunts
  • the number of active seasons
It still feels like an arbitrary number, though, because the joke/simile is quite an obscure one.

Quote from: Cas on September 22, 2018, 03:30:24 AM
By the way, a forum thread from the time when I had just registered in the forum suggests that I registered in ZakStunts shortly after, because Paleke invites me to join his team. Yet, my registration appears more much recent. Is it possible this has ever been reset?  Just curious.

Which thread is that? You appear in the shoutbox for the first time on 2005-11-28, but your registration date seems to be 2015-03-11.

I don't trust the registration date 100% for pipsqueaks that joined before 2016, when I fixed a couple of bugs in the way profile data was saved (and sometimes mangled).

Duplode

Making that field mean experience at ZakStunts in one way or another makes sense. Back when I registered, I filled it with the years elapsed since I first played, though I don't know if other people did or do the same.

Quote from: dreadnaut on September 22, 2018, 06:41:54 PM
I don't trust the registration date 100% for pipsqueaks that joined before 2016, when I fixed a couple of bugs in the way profile data was saved (and sometimes mangled).

IIRC, once upon a time you had to re-register at the start of every season, which might have something to do with that. (I don't know the details, as that was before my time here.)

Cas

Quote from: dreadnautWhich thread is that? You appear in the shoutbox for the first time on 2005-11-28, but your registration date seems to be 2015-03-11.

Yes, it was this thread: http://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?topic=1480.msg18061#msg18061
I'm pretty sure I was active back then. Now, what I'm surprised of is that I don't show up anywhere in the scoreboards until 2015. I'm not 100% sure that I have posted a reply in ZakStunts prior to that date, but I used to think I had. Could that have been deleted?

About the "Years of Experience", my personal suggestion would be that there were a field in the profile asking when you first met Stunts. Then, this item would be calculated from that date. On the other hand, since we're talking about ZakStunts, it does make sense that this variable be interpreted as having to do exclusively with this competition as well, so it's OK too.

Another thing that maybe is already possible, but I don't know, and surely would be interesting to have is something that showed when each pipsqueak was active and how much. Like a timeline. I think "activity" could be measured in terms of a linear combination of number of replays and number of messages posted per race. A zero would mean a hiatus. It could also have a saturation number for each parameter (say, more than 5 replays or more than 5 messages, still counts as if they were 5 and 5m + 5r = 100%). More specifically, say r = 10 (replay post ponderation) and m = 3 (message post ponderation). Then making both max out at 5, the maximum activity value would be 5m + 5r = 50 + 15 = 65 and "activity percent" could be calculated as 100 * a / 65. I know. This is a lot to ask... but wouldn't it be cool?  Maybe even graphs merging to compare the activities of different pipsqueaks at the same times. :P

dreadnaut

Quote from: Cas on September 22, 2018, 10:58:07 PM
Yes, it was this thread: http://forum.stunts.hu/index.php?topic=1480.msg18061#msg18061
I'm pretty sure I was active back then. Now, what I'm surprised of is that I don't show up anywhere in the scoreboards until 2015. I'm not 100% sure that I have posted a reply in ZakStunts prior to that date, but I used to think I had. Could that have been deleted?

This is confusing: there is no trace of you in the early seasons, except for 5-6 shoutbox messages. If your data has been deleted, it was very thorough: the user records are gone, and so are replays. Zak might remember something about it, but that's long before I discovered this website :o

About the "Years of Experience", my personal suggestion would be that there were a field in the profile asking when you first met Stunts. Then, this item would be calculated from that date.
This sounds interesting, although it's not exactly years of experience. For example, I would set it to '1992', but then I stopped playing for almost ten years before discovering ZakStunts. It's just a number though, and asking for the year makes it understandable.

Another thing that maybe is already possible, but I don't know, and surely would be interesting to have is something that showed when each pipsqueak was active and how much. Like a timeline. I think "activity" could be measured in terms of a linear combination of number of replays and number of messages posted per race.
Mmmh, I like this. I've been thinking about a way to show pipsqueak activity, and this would work well. We have more of 200 months of ZakStunts though, so it could get complicated to visualise, and fast :)

Cas

I really don't know if I actually sent any replays earlier. It'd be strange that they had been excluded from old scoreboards. I think it's unlikely. I probably gave it a try, but never posted what I had done because I couldn't get a decent lap. I don't know. Still, it'd be very interesting if it were easier to chronologically follow the activity of a pipsqueak. That would make it easier to contribute to the wiki, for example. Is it possible to search messages by pipsqueak in the shoutbox archives?  (I mean, instead of by month). One very nice thing ZakStunts currently does it auto-search tracks made by each pipsqueak when looking at the profile. I like that.

dreadnaut

Quote from: Cas on September 25, 2018, 03:44:42 AMStill, it'd be very interesting if it were easier to chronologically follow the activity of a pipsqueak. That would make it easier to contribute to the wiki, for example.

The statistics can give you some information about shoutbox and race activity. There is no full search though, it's never really come up as a priority.

Shoegazing Leo

Now, there is only a bug in the scores that had erase me on some tracks in the long therm past.