News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Started by JTK, June 14, 2003, 11:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Maybe it's time to change my avatar too...

Chulk

Krys started an avatar change fever!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Quote from: Chulk on December 12, 2007, 11:11:16 PM
So I guess Duplode's new avatar is some kind of Japanesse word or sentence... It could be Chinesse or Korean though I really feel it's closer to Japanesse (or a meaningless thing)

You guessed right! That is the (Japanese) kanji ?, read "ka", which has the general meaning of transformation - as in ??, read as "kagaku", the Japanese word for Chemistry... ;)

Anyway, this is still in test mode. It needs some Photoshop (or, actually, GIMP) work if it is to stay...

zaqrack

It's hua in Chinese (altough the horizontal cross-stroke should be a bit longer), and means change, while huaxue   means the wisdom of change = chemistry. Yep, Chinese and Japanese are quite similar ;)

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on December 13, 2007, 12:24:32 PM
You guessed right! That is the (Japanese) kanji ?, read "ka", which has the general meaning of transformation - as in ??, read as "kagaku", the Japanese word for Chemistry... ;)
Quote from: zaqrack on December 13, 2007, 01:33:02 PM
It's hua in Chinese (altough the horizontal cross-stroke should be a bit longer), and means change, while huaxue means the wisdom of change = chemistry. Yep, Chinese and Japanese are quite similar ;)
So I guessed not only once, but twice correctly! Watch out Nostradamus!

Duplode

Quote from: zaqrack on December 13, 2007, 01:33:02 PM
Yep, Chinese and Japanese are quite similar ;)

With marginally more accuracy, Japanese is quite similar to Chinese... ;) BTW Chulk, Korean is different - and quite funny when you find out all those dots, strokes and circles actually compose an alphabet!

zaqrack

I examined the Korean alphabet some days ago because of my new wallpaper on my laptop, and their alphabet might be the most interesting and practical in the world in my opinion.
Speaking of the wallpaper, I'll post it to the wallpapers topic :)

Duplode

Q: Does SMF support alpha?

Duplode

Chulk

Quote from: Duplode on December 19, 2007, 09:55:14 PM
Q: Does SMF support alpha?
Quote from: Duplode on December 19, 2007, 09:56:26 PM
A: Yes it does! ;D
Do you have a split personality or what? BTW, What do you mean by alpha?

Duplode

Alpha --> alpha channel in images, i.e, transparency (look at my avatar...)  ;)

Chulk

CTG

Ladies, genteman and Akoss (:P): SKID VICIOUS!!! ;)

JTK

Seeing this avatar all the time in combination with that many spam makes my eyes hurt. I will definitely only return very, very much later.

Bye bye >:(
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

CTG

Bah... I removed Skid just to make you stay...

This one was the avatar: