News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Started by JTK, June 14, 2003, 11:48:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duplode

Quote from: Krys TOFF on May 13, 2008, 05:14:38 PM
Found : http://www.amazon.com/Moving-Pictures/dp/B000W1TJ7W ;)
8)...

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on May 13, 2008, 05:48:25 PM
Are you able to find immediately which is the song (one of my absolute favourite song) wherewith I called my track for FTT0102, Krys...? A joke for you...  ;)

Well, out of curiosity I even managed to locate a live performance at YouTube, but sadly the quality of that particular TV record didn't make much justice to the song. I do not know that much about "Yes", but the classics of course speak directly to the progressive side of my musical soul...

Hold down the window;
Hold out the morning that comes into view.
Warm side, the tower;
Green leaves reveal the heart spoken Khatru.

8), again...

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on May 14, 2008, 06:48:10 AM
Well, out of curiosity I even managed to locate a live performance at YouTube, but sadly the quality of that particular TV record didn't make much justice to the song. I do not know that much about "Yes", but the classics of course speak directly to the progressive side of my musical soul...

I invite you to listen the song with good headphones, better in the evening, after turning off the lights...  ;)
And if you don't know much about "Yes", maybe my next tracks could permit you to discover something special... really special... absolutely special...

CTG

Not really my style but couldn't leave out because it's so funny... :D

Chulk

Here's my previous Avatar. My simpsonized me!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Duplode

Now I'll do a shameless imitation of BJ and Zak and use last.fm data for a sig, at least for a while. Since I do not have that many songs and do not listen to them that often, it won't be very dynamic. But it looks cool nevertheless... :)

CTG

Good idea. What a shame listening to music is very rare here.

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on May 27, 2008, 01:50:42 AM
Now I'll do a shameless imitation of BJ and Zak and use last.fm data for a sig, at least for a while. Since I do not have that many songs and do not listen to them that often, it won't be very dynamic. But it looks cool nevertheless... :)

Wow, "Yours is no disgrace"! It seems you have begun to listen the YES almost starting from their origin. If I remember, this song is part of "The Yes Album", third album of their career (1971, if I'm not wrong). It's really great. I like so much many songs of it, and particularly the final of "Starship trooper". What I appreciate so much is the multifomity of styles and rithms that YES succeed to put in an album and, above all, in a single song. Even if "songs" maybe it's not the correct term talking about YES. I prefer call them compositions. "Your is no disgrace" is one of the first example (you can find some of them in the previous two very first album, with some pieces really fantastic), but afterward they reach more and more higher levels. An album I like really so much is the next one, Fragile (1972, this time I'm sure about the year) that includes one of my favourite "song" in absolute: "Close to the edge", 19 minutes of pure art... But how forgetting "Heart of the sunrise" or "South side of the sky"... OK, I've already bored you too much...  ;)

CTG

There's only one team on the west... ;)

(<--- logo of Györi ETO FC)

Duplode

Quote from: Mark L. Rivers on May 27, 2008, 08:10:30 AM
Wow, "Yours is no disgrace"! It seems you have begun to listen the YES almost starting from their origin. If I remember, this song is part of "The Yes Album", third album of their career (1971, if I'm not wrong). It's really great. I like so much many songs of it, and particularly the final of "Starship trooper". What I appreciate so much is the multifomity of styles and rithms that YES succeed to put in an album and, above all, in a single song. Even if "songs" maybe it's not the correct term talking about YES. I prefer call them compositions. "Your is no disgrace" is one of the first example (you can find some of them in the previous two very first album, with some pieces really fantastic), but afterward they reach more and more higher levels. An album I like really so much is the next one, Fragile (1972, this time I'm sure about the year) that includes one of my favourite "song" in absolute: "Close to the edge", 19 minutes of pure art... But how forgetting "Heart of the sunrise" or "South side of the sky"... OK, I've already bored you too much...  ;)

Well, what I can tell you is that I already listened to the Close to the Edge album (1972, Fragile would be the one with Roundabout if I remember correctly), and it's amazing. The title track makes for a wonderful music-driven trip, and Siberian Khatru is a perfect blend of soundscapes and harder rock. Which reminds me that lately I'm finding quite interesting to contrast Yes with the other prog heroes, King Crimson: While Yes sounds so spiritual and even light-hearted, Crimson is dark, sometimes even doomy, with all those crazed improvisations...

BTW: Did we ever had a Music topic around here?

Mark L. Rivers

Quote from: Duplode on May 27, 2008, 06:09:05 PM

Well, what I can tell you is that I already listened to the Close to the Edge album (1972, Fragile would be the one with Roundabout if I remember correctly), and it's amazing.

You're absolutely right, what incredible mistake for me...! Effectively, last time I listen "Close to the edge" it has been a lot of time ago... I don't want that its atmosphere becomes too customary... I want it surprises me every time I ear the piece in the middle when the sweet drip becomes so real as it was just around me... I think it's time to find 20 minutes so to put my headphones, just after turn off the lights..  ;)

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on May 27, 2008, 06:09:05 PM
BTW: Did we ever had a Music topic around here?

Yes.

Duplode

Special commemorative edition avatar... 8)

The old one, lifted from "Moving Pictures" (I still intend to make a more refined version of it eventually):

Chulk

I got tired (really quick actually) of Doom3 avatar. Time to change it!
Yes, it is me. No, I'm not back at racing (for now...)

Krys TOFF

My previous avatar, the Stunts truck (thanks to dstein's work) :

CTG

The new one is cool!