News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Football Fanats 2019 - We Are Getting So stallin Old!

Started by Shoegazing Leo, January 09, 2019, 11:10:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoegazing Leo

Somebody projected the brazilian distances to Europe Map to show how far is a Brazilian Serie A game travel.

dreadnaut

Image doesn't show though unless you've already loaded it on Twitter :(
Here's the link though: https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DwgA_hbWwA4Rkmd.jpg

afullo

Some years ago a team from Vladivostok almost qualified to the UEFA Cup / Europa League. It would have been quite a challenge to play matches on the other side of Eurasia... :D

CTG

Hungarian club football is still the playground of Fidesz oligarchs. And still pathetic...

afullo

Don't forget that in the 2000s, when AC Milan was winning especially in Champions League, its proprietary Berlusconi was gaining in the electoral polls several points in %.

CTG

Quote from: afullo on January 26, 2019, 12:20:30 AM
Don't forget that in the 2000s, when AC Milan was winning especially in Champions League, its proprietary Berlusconi was gaining in the electoral polls several points in %.

Actually, the whole first class (and the majority of second class) is filled with Fidesz teams.

CTG

The most overrated players at the moment:

Pogba (the French Balotelli, "ritmikus csimpifon")
Neymar (Golden Raspberry, best actress, master of useless static tricks)
Hazard (who the f*ck is he? I never saw a really good match from him - okay, I don't watch Premier League at all)
Modric (Ballon d'Or? Really? LOL)

CTG

Barcelona-Liverpool
Tottenham-Ajax

3 of the final 4 is quite surprising.
The ARG autist midget will celebrate again. And win his 6th Ballon d'Or.

CTG

Liverpool-Tottenham, probably the most disgusting CL final ever (maybe only MU-Chelsea can compete).

Usrin

Quote from: CTG on May 08, 2019, 11:08:46 PM
Liverpool-Tottenham, probably the most disgusting CL final ever (maybe only MU-Chelsea can compete).

Do these "super-exciting battles" and "sensational comebacks" attract millions of tv-viewers? Does UEFA earn billions of dollars with that? Then why should I believe that what I see is not staged? Top-level football is not a sport anymore, just a genre of entertainment, like "pro wrestling" in the US.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

CTG

Overdrijf

Netherlands vs USA, this Sunday, let's go! Hype!

(All the cool kids here are following the womens championship this year, so I thought I'd try it on for size.)

CTG

Quote from: Overdrijf on July 04, 2019, 07:29:02 PM
Netherlands vs USA, this Sunday, let's go! Hype!

(All the cool kids here are following the womens championship this year, so I thought I'd try it on for size.)

I'm not against womens sports events, but the difference between the quality of male and female football is huge - I guess bigger than in other ball games. E.g. female handball is entertaining.

Overdrijf

There's a big gap in professionalization. The men you see at the world championships were scouted by a national top club when they were ten, spend their teenage years in a top sports highschool program where half the class was their team, and got drafted by an international top club when they were seventeen where they were coached by pretty much the best staff in the world. These women practised twice a week at amateur level until getting drafted for something bigger in their college years, and that something bigger still includes an education or a day job on the side. In the men's competition that's the life of a second devision semi-pro at best. Combine that with the larger talent pool men have from all those little hopeful 5 year old boys joining their local club, and that's all on top of any physical differences.

In many other sports everyone has that kind of life, so the difference is much less noticable. Even if in many sports the competitors are much more fanatical about being the absolute best, the available means just aren't the same.

On the upside: much less hooligans in the women's competition.