Author Topic: Live Races 2019  (Read 732 times)

Cas

• Otto's Student
  • Think different. That's OK... as long as you think
    • View Profile
    • Dimioca Labs
Re: Live Races 2019
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 01:25:36 AM »
Please let us know when an exact date and time are set. My availability is this:

- On Friday, I have this birthday party in the evening, but would be able to race in the afternoon or earlier (like, before 11pm GMT)
- On Saturday, I have the whole day, yet it'd be best if I know what time it'll be in advance
- On Sunday, I have something to do, but I can do it at the time I choose, so it's important to know what time the race will be to arrange
- In general, if the time and date are set in advance, I am available any day
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Overdrijf

• Cherry`s Chaser
  • Professional idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 10:57:36 AM »
 So Sunday 20:00 GMT? Dreadnaut started this thread, would you do the honors of designing the track?

EDIT: In case we feel like a round 2, would that be on the same track, or shall I volunteer to make a backup?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:59:33 PM by Overdrijf »

dreadnaut

• Master of Opponents
    • View Profile
    • chezDreadnaut
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 11:50:18 PM »
So Sunday 20:00 GMT? Dreadnaut started this thread, would you do the honors of designing the track?

Sounds good!

Next live race is then on Sunday 17th, 17:00 Buenos Aires / 17:00 Brasilia / 20:00 London / 21:00 Rome and Budapest. We'll meet on the forum chat at that time.

Attached are two tracks, although they are actually the same: I made "Sundown" first, but I put down the finish line in the wrong direction, and discovered that it was also an interesting track. So "Sunrise" was born! I think they allow different approaches, but they also have a few nasty bits ::)

For both I would add the rule "The loop must be looped".

As usual, feel free to practice on the tracks, the cars for both is the Porsche P962.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2019, 11:43:31 PM by dreadnaut »

Cas

• Otto's Student
  • Think different. That's OK... as long as you think
    • View Profile
    • Dimioca Labs
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 12:46:49 AM »
Great, then! :)

So, like before, will there be a last-moment modification to the tracks to prevent old replays being sent?
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

dreadnaut

• Master of Opponents
    • View Profile
    • chezDreadnaut
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 01:10:19 AM »
So, like before, will there be a last-moment modification to the tracks to prevent old replays being sent?

Yep, as usual there will be a small change that affects the actual track, invalidating any pre-recorded replay. E.g., adding some ice or some dirt, a tunnel, a slalom, etc.

Only thing, please don't remove the icy segments which mark the lap line—we'll need those for scoring!

Overdrijf

• Cherry`s Chaser
  • Professional idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2019, 07:21:50 AM »
Sounds good!

Next live race is then on Sunday 17th, 17:00 Buenos Aires / 18:00 Brasilia / 20:00 London / 21:00 Rome and Budapest. We'll meet on the forum chat at that time.

Minor note: when I google it Brasilia appears to be in the -3 bracket with Buenos Aires, that would make it 17:00 Brasilia as well. I'm guessing last time there was some daylight savings time going on.

afullo

• Stunts Master
    • View Profile
    • DoomItalia
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2019, 10:58:43 AM »
Yes, some parts of Brazil have DST from November to February...

Overdrijf

• Cherry`s Chaser
  • Professional idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2019, 06:51:52 PM »
Skid. It's raining a lot so I have to go kayaking this weekend. Yes, that's like a law or something. It looks like the others have a preference for the Sunday. In that case I'm not making it back in time. I might just be able to visit the chat from my phone to cheer you guys on. Thanks for choosing the Sunday so I could join, I was really looking forward to it, but this is rare enough that I shouldn't let the opportunity slip. (That's of course true for a Stunts live race as well, but that makes it a full day vs an hour and a half.)

I'll try harder to make it next time.  :-\

dreadnaut

• Master of Opponents
    • View Profile
    • chezDreadnaut
« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2019, 11:45:53 PM »
Skid. It's raining a lot so I have to go kayaking this weekend.

There's no arguing with propitious weather, go, have fun, bring us back a cool picture —e.g., kayaking through a cork l/r!  And if you come back early enough, you know where to find us :)

(thanks for spotting the wrong time, post above fixed)