News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

EasyTour

Started by Cas, March 30, 2022, 07:15:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cas

EasyTour
Current version uploaded: 2022-06-30

I'm working on this little project since a few days ago. The idea came from a question Alan Rotoi asked me, so hopefully, Alan, it can be of use to you. Also, maybe Duplode is interested. Anyway, it's a very modest thing and far from perfect, but might be of help for somebody who needs to quickly set up a race event.

It's called EasyTour and it's a very small php package that you can simply drop in a web server. It has to support php, but does not need a database system. Also, you don't need to configure anything at server level. You can just work on the same page the package provides. In other words, you drop it and then you load it in your browser. Once there, you log in as "admin" and use the password "admin". Then you can proceed to change the administrator password to whatever you want and you can customise your website look by changing the CSS from the interface!!!

You set up a race by uploading a track and you can edit the tour.cfg file to change things like the tournament name, deadline, etc. You should create a user name for yourself besides the "admin" user, for posting your replays. While logged in as an admin, you can moderate the scoreboard and you can download replays that are private.

If everything went well and I didn't make a mistake, once your server is set up like that, you can add it to Bliss in the Tournament option and it should be able to interact with it. There are many simple features I can easily add, but I'd like to make sure what it has now works well. You can only hold one race at a time, there's no chat, no PM. When a race is over and you upload another track, every replay file is deleted, so you have to download everything (each replay and the track one by one) if you want to keep a backup. The track image is auto-generated.

One thing I would like to do with this project is, as it matures, in future versions, use it as a base for a next version of Race For Kicks, once it becomes more powerful than the current, monolithic version, since this project is fully configurable. But right now, this one can only do about a 5% of what R4K can.

Anyway, feel free to experiment with it and let me know what you guys, think.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

This is great! It became a big tool to make easier and faster Stunts events. Thank you! It should have a wiki page too!

Cas

Glad you like it. I have already made a few changes and then, I'll update it. It still requires some testing. There may be bugs there

Cas

A little update has been posted. Replaced the attachment

Cas

Another update:

- Fixed some bugs regarding archiving of season races
- Added default-public, so it's now possible to configure for replays to become public automatically as they are uploaded

Daniel3D

Thanks for the update. That is really helpful.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)