Author Topic: Bliss / Cas-Stunts track editor  (Read 21934 times)

Cas

• Joe's Friend
  • Think different. That's OK... as long as you think
    • View Profile
    • Dimioca Labs
Re: Bliss / Cas-Stunts track editor
« Reply #150 on: July 31, 2020, 03:18:07 AM »
Man, I wonder why they didn't work before, ha, ha. But alright, I'm happy now!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

afullo

• Bernie's Brother
    • View Profile
    • DoomItalia
« Reply #151 on: July 31, 2020, 11:06:33 AM »
Considering that usually the worst programmer's nightmare is something like "ouch, yesterday it worked, today it doesn't!", and here on the contrary we have "yesterday it didn't work, today it does!", that's quite fine ;D

Cas

• Joe's Friend
  • Think different. That's OK... as long as you think
    • View Profile
    • Dimioca Labs
« Reply #152 on: August 01, 2020, 12:39:55 AM »
As a matter of fact, sometimes the last situation you describe is even more annoying, though not in this case. It has happened to me many times that I'm making a program and I see that it often produces a problem and I'm pretty certain that I can reproduce it, so I prepare everything to make it happen and it doesn't and then, it seems to work fine, so because it's not producing the error, I can't find it and it happens when I least expect it.

In this case, I know more or less what I've touched, so I don't expect the problems to reappear, even though I don't know why it didn't work before. But I was concerned about this before because, as I changed the keyboard input system, some parts that had nothing to do with extended characters were affected (such as the Settings menu, where you enter the default paths and default author's name and even the Load and Save menus showed problems at some point).

It is my thinking that this will be the last release of Bliss version 2 because it's very complete already and, if I am to add anything to an editor, it would be things of a different kind, such as support for my future project, which would be indifferent to Stunts... for example, larger track terrains or higher layers. If I develop an editor to do that, it will be from scratch.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.