News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Are there any software to overwrite default texts in Stunts?

Started by GTAManRCR, May 10, 2019, 07:01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GTAManRCR

I'm planning of a Hungarian translation of Stunts
I tried hex editors, but they didn't display any texts, so i couldn't overwrite them
I tried opening OPP1.PRE file with this, but nothing came up
Also, the menu texts like car, options, opponent...
Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

Overdrijf

I think (the most recent version of) Stressed can open some of the opponent files and display text. I don't remember which files it were and I haven't tried if the files still work after editing. But I assume that was the idea of adding the function.

GTAManRCR

I tried it too, but the game froze
I translated fully OPP1.PRE, and overwrote the original OPP1.PRE (Made a backup of course), but if I selected it as my opponent, the game froze

GTAManRCR

Update: Works with 1.0, but not with 1.1
Yes, in 1.0 i renamed it as OPP1.RES, because the 1.0 contains .RES files instead of .PRE
But only if i select the opponent, when i start the race, it crashes too :(

Overdrijf

PRE might be a compressed format. If you save the edited files as RES and delete the PRE you might get just as far in 1.1 as in 1.0. (The compression algorithms used are lost to time, but Stunts reads uncompressed files just fine, if the car files are anything to go by.) But apparently you're destroying performance data in the process.

Mark Nailwood made a tool called Opponent Blaster right? Along with his car and track tools? I've never really looked into it, but since Car Blaster allows text editing I'd expect Opponent Blaster to have the same capabilities.

GTAManRCR

Overdrijf

Quote from: GTAMan15 on May 11, 2019, 09:30:12 AM
It works for 1.0 only, i want to edit 1.1

All of this, using opponent blaster and adding the file as a .res instead of a .pre, works only for 1.0?

GTAManRCR

GTAManRCR

Yeah, I succeeded to translate Stunts 1.1 opponents to Hungarian language with saving the extension .RES instead of .PRE (This is the reason for my success)

GTAManRCR