News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

ZCT223 - Sand am Main

Started by CTG, February 28, 2020, 09:09:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Don't drive the Italian Lancia. It might spread COVID! Or more likely: it will lose against Indy.

afullo

I guessed an Acura powergear would have been also possible, but it would probably have resulted in an higher (corrected) time w.r.t Duplode's winning lap.

dreadnaut

Attached are CTG's replay from 21 February, and Heretic's lap from 3 March. They appear identical, up to around 1'20''.

As a clone replay, I will have to delete Heretic's result, which will affect the scoreboard. This also counts as a first strike for Traction Faction — further mishaps might cause penalties.

Stingray

Would it be appropriate to remove a player from the team for cheating like this? Does it require a vote?

sd4000 - Oliver

If it really was cheating - then you got my vote!

dreadnaut

Quote from: Stingray on March 09, 2020, 11:02:54 AM
Would it be appropriate to remove a player from the team for cheating like this? Does it require a vote?
Any teams decisions are up to you, no requirements. I'd also advise not to rush into anything — mistakes happen, and can be left behind.

Cas

I haven't been able to analyse the files yet. Just downloaded them, but I'm at work. Anyway, my opinion is that, unless the replays are identical (up to the given point) in "binary", that shouldn't be a problem. I assume from the discussion that they are, indeed, identical in the binary. In that case, well, maybe he didn't know that would be considered cheating or wasn't sure about that. I agree with taking it light this time.

I once asked in the past a question about something similar, but not quite the same. I said that I often reuse my own replays to make a better one before posting, but once I post one, I start over if I later on want to post another and avoid reusing. I was told that this is not necessary, as reusing our own replays is not considered cheating, but I still feel reluctant to do that. What I get from this is that I had the intuition on this probably not being right, while others did not feel it that way, and that's OK. Well, I'm probably shedding more darkness than light to the topic, ha, ha. Anyway, just wanted to comment. I'm happy that this is being discussed in a good mood :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

dreadnaut

Sorry, I left this pending: as discussed on the shoutbox, it turns out that Heretic uploaded the wrong replay: a test based on CTG's lap.

The replay was thus removed from the scoreboard. Unfortunately, it was their only replay, so no result for Heretic on ZCT223 :(