Author Topic: Cars and rules for 2021  (Read 190 times)

dreadnaut

• Friend of Oracle
    • View Profile
    • chezDreadnaut
Cars and rules for 2021
« on: August 29, 2020, 12:22:25 AM »
Time travel!
Turns out that if you drive 43 tiles in a straight line in powergear, the Indy can travel through time! So I've gone ahead to 2021, since 2020 sucked anyway. It's warmer here :-X

While the game stays the same, the Competition is open to rule changes. This thread is here to collect and discuss suggestions, and also to decide which custom cars will be allowed for the coming season.

See also: Cars and rules for 2020
« Last Edit: August 29, 2020, 12:25:38 AM by dreadnaut »

dreadnaut

• Friend of Oracle
    • View Profile
    • chezDreadnaut
Re: Cars and rules for 2021
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 12:24:58 AM »
The big change for 2020 was the LTB calculations. That's done, althought there is still a display bug that I need to fix—you can see it now on the scoreboard too :| Any early opinions on its effects on the season?

Duplode

• Breaths Stunts
  • Fear is your only god on the radio
    • View Profile
    • The Southern Cross Stunts Trophy
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 12:48:07 AM »
To begin with some low-hanging fruit: if we are sticking with two DTM cars for the next season (which feels okay to me), it would make sense to bring back the BMW DTM in the place of the Audi DTM, so that they are all given two seasons to shine.

The big change for 2020 was the LTB calculations. That's done, althought there is still a display bug that I need to fix—you can see it now on the scoreboard too :| Any early opinions on its effects on the season?

At this point, I'm getting to like the new system, in no small part because it tones down somewhat the effect of LTB on the season scoreboard (but not exaggeratedly so). It would be nice to see how a full-on LTB battle would play out under it. (Z229 had some potential -- if only CTG tried to take the handful of hours needed for LTB+1 at the end of the race...) 

Shoegazing Leo

• Two-stroker
    • View Profile
    • Stunts LOL Classics
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2020, 11:03:46 PM »
Bring back that Melange!

dreadnaut

• Friend of Oracle
    • View Profile
    • chezDreadnaut
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2020, 08:30:29 PM »
DTM rotation and Melange noted. It's been a while since I've driven a lap in it. (Maybe on Race4Kicks?)