News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Guest articles 2020

Started by dreadnaut, March 12, 2020, 08:52:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

One thing I like to do is write a short summary at the end of a race, to remind people of the cool stuff that happened during the past week, and celebrate not only the winners, but any good performance. However, it takes time, and I'm missing quite a few months. I even missed the closing post for last year! But, hey, I can only do a limited amount of things :-X

So, who wants to write race summary posts? ;D  Just choose a track, keep an eye on the race for that month, and send a short and informal post about once it's over. No marks! A friendly editor!

• ZCT224 (starts Mar) - afullo
  • ZCT225 (starts Apr) - Cas
  • ZCT226 (starts May) - Stingray86
  • ZCT227 (starts Jun) - Duplode
  • ZCT228 (starts late Jun) - :(
  • ZCT229 (starts Jul) - dreadnaut
  • ZCT230 (starts Ago) - ??
  • ZCT231 (starts Sep) - ??
  • ZCT232 (starts Oct) - Overdrijf
  • ZCT233 (starts Nov) - ??
Fill at least 6 months, and I'll make time to write the others. Fill 10, and I'll have more time to work on website features! :o

Cas

Hey, I feel comfortable composing, although I'm not as good at analysing races, but I can try my best. I'm working on the new R4K now, but you can count me in for the end of ZCT225 and later on, we'll see how well (or horribly wrong) I do it XD and if it's not that bad, I may be doing it more often!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

afullo

I think I can start, by taking ZCT224  ;)

CTG

I like this idea! We had some great interviews, articles and analyses back in the golden era. In Stunts'r'us, ZSC, USC...

Unfortunately my English is crappier than ever, therefore any articles from me would be a pain to read.

Stingray

I'm happy to do ZCT226 if you would like  8)

dreadnaut

Thank you, everyone! I've added the names to the list at the top :)

Quote from: Stingray on March 13, 2020, 12:15:25 PM
I'm happy to do ZCT226 if you would like  8)
Your own track! Nice, you'll have a unique perspective on that one!

Quote from: CTG on March 13, 2020, 11:42:50 AM
Unfortunately my English is crappier than ever, therefore any articles from me would be a pain to read.
I don't think that's a problem, and I'd be happy to help with editing! I am not a native English speaker, but I've been living here for some time now ;)

Duplode

Nice initiative! I can do ZCT227.

Stingray

Is there a guest article for ZCT224?

dreadnaut

Quote from: Stingray on April 10, 2020, 03:21:21 PM
Is there a guest article for ZCT224?

I have not received one, but given the situation around the old continent in the past weeks, I'm not expecting the schedule to follow Swiss standards. I did remember to write a post though! 8)

afullo

Sorry, I thought that your post counted as the article.  :( I can write one anyway!  ;)

dreadnaut

Please do! I thought I would post something short anyway, to fill the void, but did not talk much about the race itself :)

afullo

Could it be some sort of a draft?

QuoteHi all! The third race of the season came to its end, and new pipsqueaks along with familiar faces filled as usual the scoreboard.

As for the previous race, the winning lap has been run on a different car with respect to the main one used by the pipsqueaks: this time Duplode set, minutes away from the deadline, the reference time, by driving the Audi DTM in a sligthly higher time compared to Alan's Jaguar (which raced at countdown almost zero too), but the better bonus gave the former the tallest step on the podium.

With it completed by CTG in the third place (after being first until the quiet days), an important attention has to be given to the Traction Faction guys, where Stingray and Heretic were able to finish ahead respectively of experienced drivers Overdrijf and Seeker, by posting good laps since the first week of the race. The other Rolling Stunts guys, dreadnaut and afullo, along with Cas (in representance of the third car used by some players, namely the Lancia), completed the top ten.

The fourth race is underway, so stay tuned!

dreadnaut

Quote from: afullo on April 14, 2020, 12:29:52 AM
Could it be some sort of a draft?

Looks good to me, thank you very much! ;D

afullo

Ok, thanks! :) But you published it twice :P

dreadnaut