News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Coronavirus

Started by CTG, March 15, 2020, 01:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

That's too many deaths  :-\

CTG

Today morning: loss of smell, weakness - however, no other flu-like symptoms so far. Might be a last minute infection before the vaccine starts to work effectively...

Now I am banned from the office and will be tested tomorrow morning.

alanrotoi

Quote from: CTG on April 14, 2021, 05:55:43 PM
Today morning: loss of smell, weakness - however, no other flu-like symptoms so far. Might be a last minute infection before the vaccine starts to work effectively...

Take care!

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 14, 2021, 06:07:11 PM

Take care!
Indeed, take care!
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

Oh!  Yes, take care of yourself. My brother also experienced loss of smell and some annoying headache and mild fever. Then he recovered quickly. The loss of smell persisted for a couple more weeks after he was feeling OK and no longer contagious. It makes sense because it's probably caused by sensory cell death and they have to regrow. What I mean is, clear symptoms are there for you to be aware, not to be stressed and worried. Relax and take care and you'll be fine!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

May it go away soon, whatever it is!

CTG

Quote from: Duplode on April 14, 2021, 10:12:13 PM

May it go away soon, whatever it is!

Thanks! It seems the late side effects tricked me - PCR test is negative.

After the loss of smell, the so called "Moderna arm" symptom appeared, followed by severe lymph node swelling and muscle pain. Now it's almost gone. Or I hope so.

Cas

Hope you're completely recovered soon!

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

After more than 6 months of evening/night curfew, it is now allowed to go to take a night walk. (Due to significantly decreasing COVID infection rates and increasing vaccinations.) Again, I'm living in Kazincbarcika. Kazincwuhancika is no more. I hope, forever.

4 Nov 2020: night curfew (0-5 a.m.)
11 Nov 2020: evening and night curfew (8 p.m.-5 a.m.)*
6 April 2021: night curfew (10 p.m.-5 a.m.)*
24 April 2021: night curfew (11 p.m.-5 a.m.)*
1 May 2021: night curfew (0-5 a.m.)**
23 May 2021: no curfew

*except for walking with the dog within the 500 m diameter circle from your house
**except for walking with the dog within the 500 m diameter circle from your house, and for fishing
(other exceptions were night shift working, COVID tests etc. of course)
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

Cas

Well, in Argentina, there's a duality between what's allowed in theory and what people actually do. On Thursday or Friday evening, it was announced that we'd be going back to phase 1 beginning on Saturday (yesterday). The national government had already attempted something similar in the Buenos Aires surroundings some time ago and it hadn't worked. Now they have support from the governors of different provinces. This phase 1, however, is supposed to be only for nine days, after which, we'd be back to how we've been doing and then, the following weekend, we'd try another phase 1 and so on, like intermittent, if I understood correctly.

This sounds smarter than previous attempts because it is known that people are not listening and if at least, they see they will have a chance later to go out, then maybe they stay at their homes for the days of curfew. Or so I though. Yesterday, I went for a walk nearby, with my mask, of course, and to buy bread. What I saw makes it clear it just didn't work. More than half of people are not taking any measures, even the ones that are easiest to take!  Really, there are some things that I understand about people who complain, like... businesses need to work to some measure because they need to survive or it will all collapse, I agree. But...wearing a mask, not hanging out for just drinking... simple things and they don't do them!  I guess it's like a movie we just have to watch :(

Personally, I have to say my family is doing fine. My parents already received their vaccines... at least the first dose. So it's something. Hope you guys are all OK!

Overdrijf

I too have now seen the end of my first world problem of not being allowed a vaccine by our well-intentioned but not extremely competent health minister. And it looks like he might actually be trying to deliver on his promises of letting us go on vacation too? As I said, first world problems, but those are the problems I have, so I'll still be complaining about them. Although like all of our government's plans these too are coming together at the last second of the last minute, over a year after the initial immediate crisis moments. Because dependable plans are so overrated. I also feel kind of bad for people younger than me, as now suddenly everything at ones is being opened up with very few measures in place, just in time to get them sick right before their first dose. Then again, if I were them I would probably prefer this over the alternative of another month in semi-quarantine.

alanrotoi

I got vaccinated this noon with 2nd dose of AstraZeneca so I think I'll feel like shit in few hours (just like 1st dose) :-\

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

Quote from: alanrotoi on September 30, 2021, 07:13:00 PM
I got vaccinated this noon with 2nd dose of AstraZeneca so I think I'll feel like shit in few hours (just like 1st dose) :-\

Adenovirus vector vaccines usually generate milder side effects after second jab than after first dose (unlike mRNS vaccines).

In April, after both of my Sputnik V vaccines, I only felt mild side effects like slightly elevated body temperature, fatigue, mild pain in my arms, deconcentratedness. I felt my head being ~20 kg heavier than it is. It lasted for 1-1.5 days. For the second time, it was even milder than the first one, I could take a small hike and drive the car on that day.

It is a pity, but with this vaccine - despite being a good and effective one - I cannot visit all the countries I would like. However, I could have a summer holiday in Croatia and Slovenia and I can still visit the beloved mountains in a country presently called Slovakia.

Now I am thinking in a third shot of vaccine, but according to the procedure used in Hungary, I must select a different vaccine, Sinopharm, Pfizer and Moderna are available. It is still a debated question whether a third jab from a Western vaccine can make me eligible to be considered as a fully vaccinated person in all EU countries or not.
Chürműű! :-)

629.09 km

alanrotoi

Quote from: Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister on September 30, 2021, 09:22:48 PM
Quote from: alanrotoi on September 30, 2021, 07:13:00 PM
It is a pity, but with this vaccine - despite being a good and effective one - I cannot visit all the countries I would like. However, I could have a summer holiday in Croatia and Slovenia and I can still visit the beloved mountains in a country presently called Slovakia.

Yep, same here. We must remember it's not the vaccine but politics that doesn't allow people to travel.

Cas

True, this is very inconvenient. I have the two doses of Sputnik and I know this vaccine is not recognised in as many countries to allow for travel. On the other hand, it does its job as a vaccine (as long as we truly have received what we were told we received, of course, but there's no option but to trust). But I think soon there will be so many vaccines everywhere, that we'll be able to choose when to get re-vaccinated and with which vaccines, etc. (because after a year or so, any of the vaccines will no longer be effective and we'll need the shots again). When this becomes a normal thing, it'll be easier, hopefully.