News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Coronavirus

Started by CTG, March 15, 2020, 01:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

The WHO says in one of two months Sputnik V will be approved.

Cas

That would be great!  I hope many countries start recognising it
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

Well. COVID has been around for a while now. And so far it has been at least 1 degree removed from my family.
But today my daughter (4) developed a strong fever and I started to cough. I work in health care and my wife has a day care.

I've been vaccinated in January but still.
I've booked a COVID test for the both of us tomorrow morning.

There is a first for everything...
Probably nothing.. I really hope that it is nothing.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Duplode

Likely nothing, but even trivial symptoms have an edge these days... may the tests show this isn't the first time for y'all!

alanrotoi

Quote from: Duplode on October 28, 2021, 08:51:50 PM
Likely nothing, but even trivial symptoms have an edge these days... may the tests show this isn't the first time for y'all!

That's right! Everything is gonna be allright Daniel!

Cas

In my family, so far, two people got it. My brother got it first and he did feel a little sick, though not that much, like a regular flu. After he recovered, he had lost his sense of smell and remained so for a week or two. My sister was feeling completely normally a few days ago and had been spending time with a friend of hers. The girl developed some symptoms, so both went and got tested. To their surprise, my sister tested positive and the other girl tested negative. It's been over a week and she still has no symptoms. My brother lives in his apartment and my sister lives here, but since she suspected and went for a test, she has been staying at her friend's place, so we're not exposed. Nobody else in the house got it.

It's important to point out that both my sister and my brother are in their middle twenties and are extremely careless about the virus. For contrast, my father's wife, who also lives here, works everyday at a shop where she faces one person after another all the time, but because she's careful and follows protocol, never got the virus. It looks like being careless and getting drunk with 20 friends or so three times a week definitely makes you more likely to catch the virus!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister

I am officially infected with the novel coronavirus now. I am showing symptoms since last Friday and I thought it is a common flu or a bacterial infection first, but since my colleagues told me that they have Covid, I self-tested myself on Tuesday and went to quarantine. Now I am recovering and feeling better (last fever measured 4 days ago), but I still have some remaining symptoms (nausea, sometimes coughing, some weakness).
Chürműű! :-)

816.79 km

CTG

Quote from: CTG on November 05, 2021, 03:12:42 PM
Poo = biohazard ;D

Funny. Yesterday my colleague just sent me a photo of the door of my room in my workplace: one of our stupid colleagues put a sticker there with a figure of a coronavirus on it and the text: "BIOHAZARD". Of course it is a not an official sign, but he could do it without any fear: he was infected a year ago with mild symptoms and has two shots of Pfizer vaccine since then.

Currently infected people in my workplace: 6 out of 26 (with the numbers in the previous waves, more than 50 percent has already caught the virus... I know about 14 now plus the suspicious/unknown ones)... Our boss is not the best pandemic manager, he is taking the anti-covid measures too easy...

816.79 km

dreadnaut

Ouch! Good to hear you are getting better, though.

Here as well workplaces are becoming the main place where people get sick. The work-from-home thing has faded, and suddenly there is a large new group of people that can be infected, and spends time in enclosed spaces.

I'm lucky enough to only go to the office two days a week, but I feel quite uncomfortable, in particular with collegues getting too close, not wearing masks, etc...

Duplode

Get well soon, Akoss!

Quote from: dreadnaut on November 05, 2021, 09:17:38 PM
Here as well workplaces are becoming the main place where people get sick. The work-from-home thing has faded, and suddenly there is a large new group of people that can be infected, and spends time in enclosed spaces.

Here, after a dreadful first semester, infections have at last dropped substantially in a consistent way, now that a decent rate of vaccine coverage has been reached. Hopefully things will remain largely that way now that most restrictions are being lifted...

Thanks! I feel much better now. Unfortunately, my best replay is at work, while I am at quarantine at the moment...

On the other hand, the symptoms started to appear on my wife... she got quarantined with me, and this is the effect of being in the same atmosphere constantly...

816.79 km

alanrotoi

Damn! Get well soon and take care of your family. I hope it will end soon!

Daniel3D

Well. After the last test (negative btw) I went again this weekend with my wife and two of my kids.  Several klassmates had Corona and my daughter and I were tested positive. I started developing very mild symptoms today so I may have been very lucky.
Since I work in healthcare.
All not positive have to be tested tomorrow, Friday everyone has to be tested again...
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Quote from: Daniel3D on November 15, 2021, 03:43:59 PM
Well. After the last test (negative btw) I went again this weekend with my wife and two of my kids.  Several klassmates had Corona and my daughter and I were tested positive. I started developing very mild symptoms today so I may have been very lucky.
Since I work in healthcare.
All not positive have to be tested tomorrow, Friday everyone has to be tested again...

Ouch, it seems Europe is severely hit by this corona wave this time (again)... Get well soon!

Now I can say that I am recovered, however, I can feel some post-COVID symptoms, it is mostly fatigue, but the coughing is also present to some extent. I escaped from the quarantine yesterday, I also went to work.

Unfortunately, I infected my wife in the meantime. She is getting better, too, but her quarantine lasts till this Saturday. I am doing the day-to-day shopping at the moment...

Unfortunately, my quick-test (antigen) was positive, thus, no PCR test was needed. (Same for my wife.) The EU COVID recovery certificate would demand a positive PCR test, which was not executed... Thus, I still can't go to Western Europe since I am vaccinated with the Sputnik, no matter that I am also recovered from the infection...

By the way, six other colleagues are/were also infected at my workplace. (All of them are vaccinated, with different vaccines.) Apart from me, only one of them, a technician woman is back to work at the moment.

By the way #2, our cat suffered a claw injury during our quarantine... when else? We woke up with a big portion of blood on the floor... fortunately, my father and my sister could bring the cat to the vet...

By the way #3, my sister (Lupuszka, also had some ZakStunts replays earlier) have COVID antibodies in her blood, unlike her workmates (who are also vaccinated, with different vaccines). Maybe she also suffered from COVID in September when she thought to had a flu/cold?

816.79 km