News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Coronavirus

Started by CTG, March 15, 2020, 01:51:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

Quote from: Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister on November 16, 2021, 09:40:47 PM
Quote from: Daniel3D on November 15, 2021, 03:43:59 PM
Well. After the last test (negative btw) I went again this weekend with my wife and two of my kids.  Several klassmates had Corona and my daughter and I were tested positive. I started developing very mild symptoms today so I may have been very lucky.
Since I work in healthcare.
All not positive have to be tested tomorrow, Friday everyone has to be tested again...

Ouch, it seems Europe is severely hit by this corona wave this time (again)... Get well soon!
Europe is gambling between restrictions to fight COVID and leniency to stimulate economics.
They took to much risk this round.
Like in the picture below, they never got the infections back for long after the first wave.
(the first wave didn't have good testing setup so not much data. for comparisment i also included numbers of the hospitalized people that does show the first wave)
Now I can say that I am recovered, however, I can feel some post-COVID symptoms, it is mostly fatigue, but the coughing is also present to some extent. I escaped from the quarantine yesterday, I also went to work.

Unfortunately, I infected my wife in the meantime. She is getting better, too, but her quarantine lasts till this Saturday. I am doing the day-to-day shopping at the moment...
So far only my oldest daughter is added to the positive party. No symptoms.
My son has trouble breathing at night but doesn't have COVID. My wife took him to the doctor today.
Unfortunately, my quick-test (antigen) was positive, thus, no PCR test was needed. (Same for my wife.) The EU COVID recovery certificate would demand a positive PCR test, which was not executed... Thus, I still can't go to Western Europe since I am vaccinated with the Sputnik, no matter that I am also recovered from the infection...
PCR testing is free here if you give a sensible reason, no proof required.
But if you have a positive test, everyone in the household have to be tested asap.
Then 5 day after the last positive result, every negative person has to be tested again for sure.
If a positive result comes from that, the all negatives have to be tested again after 5 days.
If you are positive, 7 days quarantine and without symptoms to leave the house.
So, a lot of fun.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

zaqrack

Glad to see everyone healthy!

I'm in quarantine right now. My son tested positive - more than 25% of his class did in the past two weeks. His temperature was 37.2 for a day and had a headache for two days - and that's it. He is as lively as ever.

So by the end of the week I'll finally know whether my tests from late October were false negatives...
Me and my wife and my smaller son had direct contact with a covid+ person (his teacher), then four days later a slight fever, weakness (extreme weakness for my wife), sore throat, complete loss of smell for 3-4 days and I have a slight eye inflammation ever since. And we both had negative PCRs. I actually had two.

Quarantine rules and testing are a joke in Hungary right now. No wonder the virus is spreading heavily. We paid for a PCR for my son to be sure we don't infect others.
If you opt for the free test, you have to call your doctor first (sometimes impossible as they are super overloaded) then it's roughly 3-4 days until you are tested and 2 more to get a result - at least in my area. During which you can freely move subject to your own judgment.     

Daniel3D

Quote from: zaqrack on November 18, 2021, 04:34:09 PM
Glad to see everyone healthy!
Relatively speaking, yes. Although I did fail the acetone test this morning so I guess I can't smell at the moment.

The government regulated free PCR tests are a bit difficult to get here as well at the moment. Because of the high amount of cases. But so far it's only the number to make an appointment. There is usually a  local test location where you can be tested within 24 hours. (They scale up a location when needed) results within 48 hours, usually also within 24h (even now) for health care (and teachers and such) you can request a speed test with direct result (15 minutes) but those are a bit further away. Still free though.

My wife and son were both tested negative as well although they have the most symptoms. We fear that the had false negatives as well. But a PCR test can give false positives until 8 weeks after you are cured, so might get one Sunday when they have to be tested again. (The Friday test is postponed to Sunday because my eldest daughter tested positive to.)

I didn't develop symptoms until Tuesday. My daughter who picked it up in school started Saturday with symptoms but she infected me Thursday evening. I seems we reacted very quickly to the changing situation around us and therefore I didn't bring it to work.

Living here has healthcare benefits, but there is still no escape. Also there was a moment that we were about the only country that has all varieties of COVID because of our world trade position.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

dreadnaut

Somehow managed to get an appointment for the "booster" dose, yesterday. After two doses of AstraZeneca, I got a half-dose of Moderna.

And man I've been tired :o  About 24h of fever just above 38°C, aches everywhere.

Cas

I had been told that both AZ and Moderna feel like a bomb. I got the Russian Sputnik V. Very, very light
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Overdrijf

Quote from: Cas on December 15, 2021, 12:30:32 AM
I had been told that both AZ and Moderna feel like a bomb. I got the Russian Sputnik V. Very, very light

Meh, it depends. I had a bit of a stiff arm both times with Astra, basically just the typical local inflammation reaction.

EDIT: I have brainfarts sometimes. I actually had Pfizer.

alanrotoi

Yep it depends. Astrazeneca 1st shot "killed" me but the second was minimum.

Overdrijf

I've got it, I've got it, oohoo, I've got it.
I'm hip, I'm cool, I'm only two years late.

What? If I've been waiting for something for two years I'm damned well gonna celebrate it.

Maybe have some friends over, throw a party... 8)

Daniel3D

Well I am recovering from my second round.
And although I didn't really notice it at that moment. (I was tested positive but that was about it)
I am so damn tired all the time. But I can't sleep either. Going to bed at nine feeling intense tired and fatigued and then not being able to sleep until 01:30. And just waking around 5 am again with no reason still feeling tired.
Keep forgetting what I'm doing, can not focus on anything for long..
This round really hit me bad.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

Damn! Hope you recover soon!

Overdrijf

Yeah, I hope you recover soon too.

As my post might have given away I myself have so far been hit with a pretty mild case.

Usrin

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 09, 2022, 09:04:13 AM
I've got it, I've got it, oohoo, I've got it.
I'm hip, I'm cool, I'm only two years late.

What? If I've been waiting for something for two years I'm damned well gonna celebrate it.

Maybe have some friends over, throw a party... 8)

I had COVID a month ago, just one month after my 3rd dose of Pfizer. I did not have any other symptoms but sore throat, mild coughing and runny nose.
The virus was brought home by my son (13), who got a single dose in October. Neither he was very sick, but had fever and headache in the first 1-2 days.
Colour of living being is determined by the gene.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Overdrijf on March 09, 2022, 01:14:13 PM
Yeah, I hope you recover soon too.

As my post might have given away I myself have so far been hit with a pretty mild case.
I will be alright. It's not really bad, just enough to be noticeable. And strange.
Like I said, i wasn't ill. Just a bit tired. But it still got to me. But it's only 12 days since my positive test.
I am hopeful it won't last.  It hampers my job and if it doesn't go away it could become a real issue.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

JTK

Oh my - get better soon! ?🏼
Vintage Stunts Racing at http://www.kalpen.de

Daniel3D

Yeah, it's getting better. Started to regain everything yesterday. Had a relatively good night. No trouble at work today.
I'm still a bit forgetful. But it's not nearly as bad as the beginning of the week.
Edison once said,
---------
---------