News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

New teams for 2021

Started by dreadnaut, November 20, 2020, 06:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

afullo

Lol, I'm happy to have you as a teammate and to ensure the team participation also for 2021, too 8)

Of course, we have still space for two other pipsqueaks, in case some other would be one of us... ;)

Daniel3D

I believe that theoretically I could create a ghost to fill the team..
That one will be dangling at the bottom of the chart as well so I don't think anyone will care..  8)

(Although, I don't have a Dissociative identity disorder and I don't fancy getting one.. it's just to much effort 8) 8) 8) )

[this is not a statement about others making, having or having had a ghost or there motives]
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Daniel3D

Quote from: Daniel3D on December 28, 2020, 01:18:19 AM
I believe that theoretically I could create a ghost to fill the team..

Or maybe someone is interested is starting with us under a new team name.  8)
Clean slate so to speak...
Edison once said,
---------
---------

afullo

It is also a more than concrete possibility...  :D

Cas

Guys, so I'll team up with you for the coming year!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

O, nice.
Welcome to the pack  8)
(Assuming that Afullo doesn't mind)

Edison once said,
---------
---------

Duplode

That's an interesting roster you are setting up at Rolling Stunts! I do wonder about what's in store for Slowdrive, and where KyLiE will ultimately land. We also are yet to hear news on the plans of the Traction Faction camp... the silly season is far from over!

Cas

I have enjoyed being in Slowdrive so far, but I've seen that teams have changed a lot with time and many pipsqueaks have been to many teams, so I wanted to try something different for next season. I feel something special about my native team, though. I have never tried another before, so it was a hard decision to make. It's just something I want to try. I've been messaging the guys and trying to make up my mind one way or the other. KyLiE has told me he'd join too. Being four and with three of us completely new to the team, it may be a whole new team or we may keep the team name. I don't know. I am open to any of the two.

afullo

For me it is basically the same. Maybe with a little preference in maintaining the current name, but nothing more...

Cas

Since you're a founding member, it makes sense to keep the name. We could add to the team's history then :)

Daniel3D

Then we keep the name 8)

Wacky Raçers died before they started...

;D ;D ;D
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on December 27, 2020, 12:57:57 PM

I have been a bit uncertain about how to treat teams that are in... hiatus? I have tried to stick to the rule "if there is only one active pipsqueak left, the team is inactive."  But I'm happy to hear other opinions on the matter.

I disagree, this year has been plagued with setbacks in the real world and had made it clear to me that the future is uncertain.

In my opinion
For a team to count, every race has at least one team member race for team points. If only one member remains than that member has to bear the responsibility of the whole team and race them all.
But that should be his (or her) own choice to so. Being alone in a team is no fun though, has no team spirit.

In short
- at the start a team must have at least two active members
- every race has to be presented by at least one member
- at least one member has to finish the season.
That is my opinion on teams
Edison once said,
---------
---------

afullo

Quote from: Daniel3D on December 30, 2020, 02:42:59 PM

Maybe it is a bit limiting. For example, by basing on participation from previous years, CTG and Poo are not assured to race at least 9 tracks during the season, and maybe they will both miss a certain one. Nevertheless, the presence of Looping Warriors can add interest in the team battle...

dreadnaut

Quote from: Daniel3D on December 30, 2020, 02:42:59 PM
I disagree, this year has been plagued with setbacks in the real world and had made it clear to me that the future is uncertain.

[...]

In short
- at the start a team must have at least two active members

I'm not sure how "the future is uncertain" goes along with stricter rules ???  In difficult times, I would go for more lenient rules: ZakStunts should be fun, not more responsibilities.

I think I'd like to see "cause and effect" rules, rather than "requirements". If there is more than one active pipsqueak, then we'll count the team as active. Even if they can only pipsqueak twice during the season.

Daniel3D

Quote from: dreadnaut on December 30, 2020, 03:35:59 PM

I'm not sure how "the future is uncertain" goes along with stricter rules ???  In difficult times, I would go for more lenient rules: ZakStunts should be fun, not more responsibilities.

I think I'd like to see "cause and effect" rules, rather than "requirements". If there is more than one active pipsqueak, then we'll count the team as active. Even if they can only pipsqueak twice during the season.

Agreed. My idea was not based upon Stunts competition, but more in general.
Edison once said,
---------
---------