News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Team pages

Started by dreadnaut, December 08, 2020, 12:21:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

What would you like to see on a team's page?

I'm working on something... see attachment 8)

CTG

A naked Helen, please.  ;D

Cool timescale!  8)

dreadnaut

Quote from: CTG on December 08, 2020, 01:42:12 PM
A naked Helen, please.  ;D
Your average poster on the walls of a Stunts garage?

afullo

Cas

That looks really good!  Will it be possible to browse teams that no longer exist too?
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

Nice! What do the dots mean? (One per three races in the season, perhaps?)

dreadnaut

Quote from: Duplode on December 09, 2020, 08:25:51 PM
Nice! What do the dots mean? (One per three races in the season, perhaps?)
Yes, the dots represent season participation: 4 for a full season, then decreasing. I like how they look, but I might have to replace them with thinner, stacked bars, so that the whole thing can scale horizontally. Or not, we'll see :)

Quote from: afullo on December 08, 2020, 11:26:21 PM
Something like this?
The current / past members are already on the teams page, but I can put more details on the new one, good idea!

Quote from: Cas on December 09, 2020, 01:34:22 AM
Will it be possible to browse teams that no longer exist too?
Sure, they are already listed actually.

Now, I want to try and show the seasons won by a team. Any another numbers or events that would be interesting?

Cas

Quote from: dreadnautAny another numbers or events that would be interesting?
Uhm... perhaps average number of pipsqueaks in the podium per race?  Or something related to that. I thought I was going to have lots of ideas, but no...

About the dots... if you're thinking of changing them to thin bars, you could also use one circle or square that gets its quarters filled depending on participation. That would have a fixed width and would look appealing at the same time. Just an idea :)

dreadnaut

I am now happy of the team chart, so I'll put it online. Team pages are reachable from the list of teams. For example: http://zak.stunts.hu/teams/damage-inc

Next I'd like to show the score and ranking in each season. Ranking in a single query is a pain at the moment, so I might leave that for later... or refactor all the scoring tables ::)

Cas

That looks really great!  Hey, I'm noticing that if I go to Team Statistics, there's nowhere I can click on (team name or image) that takes me to the team page. Could that be added too?

afullo

Good work! Also, contribution for the team score can be considered, even if it is difficult to define properly it. If a pipsqueak is considered to contribute whether he achieves a position among the first two of the team, by taking for example ZCT232, Seeker contributed for 8 points, while I gave no contribution (by being the third of the team).

By running a lap with the Carrera 2"20 faster, I would have been the second of the team and Seeker the third, so I would have contributed for 8 points, while Seeker would have given no contribution. But in both cases the total score of the team would have been the same, 18 points: your 10 points and 8 points from one of your teammates. Thus, uploading a faster replay, allowing me to overtake a comrade, would have resulted in no benefit for my team.

On the other hand, considering all the results would not be really consistent, since it is possible that a team member classifies always with a huge gap with respect to his comrades, so a sort of compromise has probably to be defined.