News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Real dashboard of the Lancia Delta and Evo version

Started by Ryoma, January 24, 2021, 07:56:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyLiE

Quote from: Ryoma on January 26, 2021, 04:10:37 PM
I modified the Delta into Delta Evo (also called Deltona).

It looks good!  Now what about the Martini Racing livery? :P

Ryoma

Ryoma

New version with a big facelift : logo, air intake and new light.

Ryoma

Could somebody explain how to deal with the spokes? I tried but it always cut by ins2.

Cas

Uhm.... I'm opening it with Dash Manager and for some reason, the meters and the steering wheel look all mixed up, but in the game, they appear to work. I can just redo the whole thing with DM, but I would like to know why there's this inconsistency.

EDIT: Nevermind, I've figured it out!  This is something to be really carefult about!  Daniel3D has been having problems with this same thing and I guessed what the problem was. Now, looking at the binary from the inside, I've just confirmed it. You have been producing a CARLEVO.RES file with Stressed, right?  These car RES files are composed of four chunks. For Stunts original cars, the chunks are always in the same order and it is in this order that they are described in the Wiki, so car RES files are usually handled as fixed in their internal format. Yet, Stressed can and does change the order in which these chunks are saved, which DM does not like and other tools also misinterpret (such as Car Swapper).

The right thing to do is for us to start making our tools taking into account that these chunks can be reordered, but at the same time, trying to create cars with RES files that do have these chunks in order. Stunts doesn't seem to mind, though, so the first item is crucial. Anyway, all problems will disappear if the car RES file is converted to the right chunk order. I could do that.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Ryoma

In fact, if I make the spokes more longer these ones are cut at the vertical of the gauges. I will show tomorrow an example. The cut corresponds at the box ins2.

Duplode

Quote from: Ryoma on January 28, 2021, 10:09:19 PM
Could somebody explain how to deal with the spokes? I tried but it always cut by ins2.

After looking at other STDA files and doing some testing to refresh my memory, I think the only way to do it is adding directly to ins2 the part of the spokes which is being cut, as ins2 it will be rendered over whl2 no matter what. Similarly, the overlapping part of the whl1 and whl3 spokes should be added to ins1 and ins3. A good file to use as a reference is STDAFGTO.VSH, as the spokes in the GTO dashboard overlap with almost the full width of its ins2.

Ryoma

I tried something but it's bug again.

Look the artefacts and the cut of spokes.

Enclosed my bmp in the zip.

Ryoma

This is my final version without spokes anyway. I stay on my first impression : for this car, it is not beautiful because of the size of the dashboard.
I tried many bugs...sorry... solutions but I prefer without.

Ryoma

Quote from: KyLiE on January 25, 2021, 01:26:32 PM

I thought the same thing as soon as I saw this!  The Lancia Thema 8.32 is a great car.

Done

Ryoma

Ryoma

Thanks to Marco, here an update of the RES file

Marco

I 'll check as soon as possible. Great work Ryoma, check my live videos on Marco plays Dos Games.

Marco

Hi Ryoma, always super thanks, i have download your last Lancia Evo files but accelleration remained slower than Fiat 500 Abarth . Anyway I love it but you must let me feel the power of the Delta Evo :)

GTAManRCR

Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!