News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Track ratings

Started by dreadnaut, February 07, 2021, 12:32:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

Quote from: Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister on February 16, 2022, 08:38:30 PM
Quote from: Akoss Poo a.k.a. Zorromeister on February 14, 2022, 10:21:04 PM
However, custom cars much more often keep me away from racing.

I forgot to mention that Melange is an exception of course, it still remains the best custom car. Skoda Felicia Kompressor is another exception, but it's not been used as a competition car for long long years (that's a pity).
I love the Melange and the IMSA cars to. The Indy is nice to drive and used to be the only car I drove.
But that is mostly aimed at setting the fastest time. Getting the most out of the track.

The last year, I spent a lot of time working on the Ferrari edition and testing the track with several custom Ferrari's.
And I started to enjoy driving the cars, not the track. All cars are different, and I'm very impressed by the possibilities of the game engine in that regard. I don't know how close to real the original cars are. But the fact that we can take the manual specs and just use those in a 32-year-old game
is beautiful.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

That same thing happened to me. When I first had Stunts back in 1993, my friends and I would take turns to play our tracks and we would always use the Porsche March Indy. Sometimes, just for a change, we would pick either the Porsche 962 or the Jaguar, because they were fast enough too. It's true that they lacked power gear, but at that time, it didn't matter much to us because power gear was something we used for experiments. We didn't actually use it for achieving better laps. Although we didn't have rules like OWOOT, we did try to more or less follow the line of the track. Detours and shortcuts were seen by the guys and I as cheating, yet running off road for a moment, was perfectly OK. Anyway, all other cars were too slow to be fun driving those days.

Even when I joined the community, first I was only participating in World Stunts Championship, which was OWOOT and only used the Porsche March Indy, but then when I began trying in ZakStunts, I had to use other cars or else I would be at a great disadvantage. I was kind of annoyed when I had to use a slow car to be competitive, but with time, I learnt to know the different cars and appreciate their possibilities and nowadays, I too think it's amazing how different it feels when you switch from a car to another, like it were a different game. The original engine, however primitive, is exquisitely diverse and powerful!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

It's a lot of eye for detail to make the engine stats so close related to real engine's. And all for a hand full of cars..
I wonder why. Was it common practice?
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)