News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Nascar stock-car from Mario Andretti's Racing Challenge

Started by Ryoma, February 25, 2021, 08:30:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryoma

Taken from the brother game : Mario Andretti Racing.

On my MEGA.

GTAManRCR

Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

Ryoma

It's thank to diesten, Cas and Duplode for their software and advices.

GTAManRCR

Is it hard to create new dashboard & new vertices?

Ryoma

For Dashboard, I used some parts of old one. For example the CX started with a corvette dashboard and the Shamal a nsx dashboard.

For the vertices, I search a blueprint of a car. I measure with paint the coordonates and put it one by one in stressed. It's very enjoying to sée the car birth.

For the res files, I make a Excel files which calculates the CX, gear ratio, position of the wheel and torque according the real curve found on the net.

If you had an idea, one word : go. We will help you and you will make your own car.

GTAManRCR

Duplode

Great!  8) I have known about Mario Andretti's Racing Challenge being partly compatible with Stressed for a while, but I was too lazy to actually do anything about it.

KyLiE

Did you import the 3D model directly from Mario Andretti's Racing Challenge or did you make changes to it?  Also, as I mentioned in the other topic, there are three different games starring Mario Andretti:

Mario Andretti's Racing Challenge
Mario Andretti Racing
Andretti Racing

The one you are referring to is actually Mario Andretti's Racing Challenge.

Ryoma

I changed the name of the topics.

For the shape, I had to increase the dimensions by 3.5. I used the "car0" from Mario game because the car1 is not pretty.

For the dashboard, I had to reconstruct all the stda and stdb with the basis of the Mario game. The structure is different. Note that the jauge miss needle, I will correct it. I don't know how Mario managed it.

For the res, I found some informations about the NASCAR and I create it with my excel sheets.

KyLiE

Thanks, I was curious to see if there were differences between the 3D models.  In any case, great work! :)