News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts Videos

Started by alanrotoi, February 27, 2021, 11:19:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

What sound card is better for a replay video on youtube?

- PC Speaker?
- Sound Blaster?

GTAManRCR

Hejj bicska, bicska, bicska csantavéri kisbicska!

Duplode

Personally, I don't use the Sound Blaster driver because it doesn't play skidding sounds on grass, dirt or ice. That's why all my recent YouTube driving videos are done with PC speaker. (While I prefer and normally use MT-32 emulation over both of them, it is not straightforward to get MT-32 audio in a DOSBox recorded video.)

GTAManRCR

Just feel the car you're driving, and stay on the road. If you hear skidding, feel free to use RH as it's allowed as the main competition (At the end, validate your replay, because that no longer will be a continued one)
Use RH in order to stay on the road. A trick to have great lap times

Cas

I first met Stunts with the PC Speaker and played it that way for months before I had my first SoundBlaster compatible. However, the Stunts version I had back then had a corrupt SB driver so I kept on using PC Speaker for longer. One day, I fixed that by copying the driver from Fight (a.k.a. 4D Sports Boxing) and I got used to always using SB since then. Nowadays, I prefer SB, but from time to time, it's nice to hear the PC Speaker in a video.

If we're talking about which one is more convenient, what I know is that PC Speaker audio may be a little more demanding for DOSBox, but the difference is minimal with Stunts. Some DOS games actually sampled sound waves via the PC Speaker and that is super demanding for an emulation. If that is an issue, then maybe SB is better. Otherwise, it's a matter of personal preference, I guess.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

GTAManRCR

Fight's driver is better?
Will definitely try out

Cas

I think it's the same driver. What happened is that mine was corrupted, for some reason, so I replaced it with it and it worked wonderfully!

alanrotoi

A comparison of zct249 replays by Duplode and me. Synchronized swimming Stunts :o :o :o

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cdf3pjvgoJ3/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

alanrotoi

Cas

¡Qué grosso, nuestro compañero AbuRaf!  We miss you, pal!