News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

USL 2021 - Track 6 - Will Be One

Started by CTG, March 10, 2021, 11:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Track name: Will Be One
Designer: afullo
Car: Pontiac Firebird TransAm
Start: 5th April 2021
Deadline: 11th April 2021, 23:59:59 GMT+2

Duels:
KyLiE vs Cas
dreadnaut vs CTG
Duplode vs afullo
Daniel3D vs Alan Rotoi

afullo

Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to design a track before midnight. The internal hard drive on one of my PCs is in a very bad shape and I have to reinstall the OS on an external one, waiting for a replacement. Maybe I can search for old tracks in some folders, is there an alternative ready in case I will found nothing interesting? Sorry...  :(

CTG

Quote from: afullo on April 04, 2021, 05:25:48 PM
Unfortunately I don't think I will be able to design a track before midnight. The internal hard drive on one of my PCs is in a very bad shape and I have to reinstall the OS on an external one, waiting for a replacement. Maybe I can search for old tracks in some folders, is there an alternative ready in case I will found nothing interesting? Sorry...  :(

As you wish. I think we can postpone the start by one or two days.

Cas

Yes, it'd be nice to wait for Afullo!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

afullo

Maybe I will be able to post the track in one hour. Stay tuned...

EDIT: here it is. I designed it back in 2001, hope it fits with the car. Name: Will Be One, because there is "todo en todos" (various track elements hastily alternating)...  ;)

CTG

CTG

Ouch, this one is quite long. A (k)nightmare!

afullo

First try, 2:38.15  ;)

KITT seems not to like the track designer.  :)

CTG

2:27.25, probably my weakest published replay ever. KITT is not my friend.

CTG

dreadnaut

Hahhahaha this is such a cruel track for the Pontiac ;D   But now I understand why Knight Rider was filmed in dry and warm countries. Keep that car away from ice!

Cas

2:19.60 - I was very lucky in the first minute of the replay. That part was all in one run and I think it's optimum. But the rest, I can do better
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

While I was also seriously spooked upon seeing the map, the track has a number of long straights, which make it less exhausting than its length might suggest. Below is a 1:55.35. Having gained a little familiarity at the R4K KITT race which ended a few days ago has certainly helped. In any case, figuring out what to do with the KITT outside of asphalt is quite an adventure!

Daniel3D

I have a hard time with this combo, haven't managed to finish the track or do a section well enough to save...
Kitt is not an easy car to learn manual shifting, and this track doesn't make it easier in my opinion.

For those higher up in the scoreboard this track/car combination might stir things up though.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

afullo

2:19.80. Also dirt is not its favourite terrain.  ::)