News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

USL 2021 - Track 6 - Will Be One

Started by CTG, March 10, 2021, 11:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

I stallin hate this car. Beautiful chasis and dashboard but the handling is shit. Seems unfinished. 2:26.65

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 08, 2021, 03:08:12 AM
I stallin hate this car. Beautiful chasis and dashboard but the handling is shit. Seems unfinished.

I don't know if you have seen the comments about pursuit mode at Zapper's KITT thread. It is pretty much impossible to enjoy the car without taking it into account. That being so, here goes a primer on it.

The KITT has two modes of operation. Below ~6400 RPM, it behaves like a normal slow car. Above that lies the pursuit mode: extreme, Niva-like torque without any extra grip. Driving the KITT is primarily a matter of keeping (and taming!) the car at high RPMs  so that awesome straight line performance is always at reach. For instance, the proper way of doing asphalt large corners with the KITT is in second gear at 100+ mph. That would be run-of-the-mill weren't it for the fearsome traction, which means you need a light touch on both throttle and steering when exiting corners in order to avoid spinning. (There is always the option of shifting up one gear to delay the onset of pursuit mode and then shifting down to engage it when it becomes convenient to do so, though that is likely to cost a few tenths every time it is done.)

CTG

Standings:

KyLiE   2:01.20 - 2:19.60   Cas
dreadnaut   2:03.95 - 2:07.65CTG
Duplode   1:51.85 - 2:19.80afullo
Daniel3D3:13.85 - 2:26.65 Alan Rotoi

(Sorry for the late standings table - this week and probably also the next one is/will be extreme difficult for me.)

alanrotoi

Quote from: Duplode on April 08, 2021, 04:32:26 AM
Quote from: alanrotoi on April 08, 2021, 03:08:12 AM
I stallin hate this car. Beautiful chasis and dashboard but the handling is shit. Seems unfinished.

I don't know if you have seen the comments about pursuit mode at Zapper's KITT thread. It is pretty much impossible to enjoy the car without taking it into account. That being so, here goes a primer on it.

The KITT has two modes of operation. Below ~6400 RPM, it behaves like a normal slow car. Above that lies the pursuit mode: extreme, Niva-like torque without any extra grip. Driving the KITT is primarily a matter of keeping (and taming!) the car at high RPMs  so that awesome straight line performance is always at reach. For instance, the proper way of doing asphalt large corners with the KITT is in second gear at 100+ mph. That would be run-of-the-mill weren't it for the fearsome traction, which means you need a light touch on both throttle and steering when exiting corners in order to avoid spinning. (There is always the option of shifting up one gear to delay the onset of pursuit mode and then shifting down to engage it when it becomes convenient to do so, though that is likely to cost a few tenths every time it is done.)

No I didn't. Imagine my frustration hahaha. I already did it and understand now. Interesting concept. :D Hard to apply in a game like stunts. I don't stallin hate it anymore  ;D

dreadnaut

Quote from: CTG on April 10, 2021, 10:39:41 AM
(Sorry for the late standings table - this week and probably also the next one is/will be extreme difficult for me.)

Busy week-end here as well, unlikely to improve past this 2:03.95.

Daniel3D

This car and track is not for me. ..
3:15 on the first time I actually reached the finish line.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

CTG

Quote from: dreadnaut on April 10, 2021, 04:27:19 PM
Quote from: CTG on April 10, 2021, 10:39:41 AM

Busy week-end here as well, unlikely to improve past this 2:03.95.

Probably you already won this duel. Unless...  ::)

KyLiE

Duplode

CTG

1:55.50 with the most annoying car in Stunts history...  :o

Daniel3D

Quote from: CTG on April 11, 2021, 10:15:56 PM
1:55.50 with the most annoying car in Stunts history...  :o
It's lovely to drive for fun and play with on a relatively easy track.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

CTG

CTG

Standings:

KyLiE   2:01.20 - 2:19.60   Cas
dreadnaut   2:03.95 - 1:53.95CTG
Duplode   1:51.85 - 2:19.80afullo
Daniel3D3:13.85 - 2:26.65 Alan Rotoi

CTG

Btw Duplode can secure his league victory tonight.

Daniel3D

i almost made a Pi time on this track...

Just saying... ::)
Edison once said,
---------
---------