News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

How you draw a car with anim8or ?

Started by Ryoma, March 14, 2021, 08:56:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryoma

I tried anima8or and blender (the last one only for the Diablo).

These software seems not user friendly.

For anima8or, I found an help :
http://taboweb.free.fr/anim8orfrenchdoconline.html

But my question is : how draw a car with it ?

Actually, I used only stressed and the method described in the Pinin topics. But is anima8or more speed ? More easy for the mirrorx?

Daniel3D

I don't know either.
I find them both very counter intuitive.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Duplode

While I also found Blender quite confusing and never got to actually learn it, I used to find Anim8or quite a bit more accessible. Unfortunately, it's been so long since I have last used it that I can't really prepare a tutorial off the top of my head right now. The manual was, from what I recall, fairly helpful, though you'll probably want to use an updated version of it. A few more recollections:

• The main commands for drawing points, edges and faces are in the Object/Point chapter of the manual.
  • Things are generally more pleasant to do with the keyboard shortcuts.
  • The values of the coordinates of a point can be changed directly by double-clicking it while in point select mode. That's how I would convert blueprints back in the day, after using a program like Engauge to figure out the appropriate coordinates for each point.

Cas

I never tried Anim8or because it's for Windows only and I don't use Windows, but what I can say about the Anim8or vs Blender "battle" is that Blender only appears complicated at first because it has so many features so it's easy to get lost in the menus, but once you've learnt the shortcut keys (which you surely use in Anim8or too), you only think of the things you know and you can't get lost. It is very easy to create a shape in Blender. All you have to do is learn the shortcut keys. The ones for modelling are not many. Just G for "go/move", S for "scale", R for "rotate" and the axes are X, Y and Z. TAB to switch between object and edit modes and 1, 2, 3 to select a vertex, a line or a surface. It's that easy.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Ryoma

Thanks both, I will try my next car with anim8or (not the Cizeta but the car after).