News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Vector W8

Started by Ryoma, March 21, 2021, 12:02:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryoma

Ryoma

The car is finished but I have 2 bugs :
- maybe the steering wheel is on the right limit because the dots move to the left and I had to limited the number of dots.
- since I use 4d 1990, I lost a lot of grip.

Please note that the real car had only a 3 automatic  gearbox.

Cas

It looks great!  I have to improve CarWorks, but it looks like you already can produce cars super quickly as it is with it and Stressed!  Do you use Dash Manager at all?  I expected it'd be more useful that CarWorks and I'm surprised it ended up being the other way around.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

KyLiE

This is excellent!  I only noticed a few issues that could possibly be improved:

• When changing gear, a few black pixels appear at the bottom of the screen.  I have attached a screenshot of what I am referring to.
  • When turning left, the texture at the top of the steering wheel doesn't change, however when turning right, it does.
Even though this car is left hand drive, I can see the challenge you faced due to the unique layout of the interior, forcing you to place the steering wheel on the right in Stunts.

Ryoma

@cas
Yes I used dashman, if you open my files with it, you will see my issues with the wheel steering.
Carworks is only used for parameters and to create car1 & car2.
For the torque curve, I used an hex editor and my spreadsheet files.

@Kilie
I made a mistake, I thought these pixels will be transparent. I used it on the 641. Need to be modified.

For the texture, the issue is "the texture change when turning right" because I made a mirror.
I will try something.

Édit : the falses pixels during gear change are "removed" and the steering wheels improves.

Stay the issue of the dot wheels, does someone have an idea ?

Edit bis : Steering wheel dot movement
Data type: Pairs of Bytes

That's mean a limit of 256 pixels and now I understand why in the IMSA car, the steering wheel is not on the right as real.