News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Dodge Challenger (1970)

Started by CTG, April 10, 2021, 05:48:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CTG

Quote from: CTG on February 11, 2014, 06:35:18 PM
Quote from: CTG on February 11, 2014, 02:14:13 PM
What about a classic muscle car?

Dodge Challenger RT Hardtop (1970) - "only" the dashboard is left...

Is there anyone to finish this project? Probably my only work worth for it, back from 2013/14.

3D model, performance - (more or less) ready. As fas as I see, I was too lazy to make multicolor explosion elements.

Dashboard - still missing, applied the Melange dashboard for speed tests. Challenger has a super cool dashboard in real world - although 4 speedo/tacho/whatevermeters seem to be a bit too much for Stunts (way too small). Previously, I planned the attached simplification.

Ryoma

When I search for the dashboard, I founded two types. One like the Dodge Charger from td2 (attached).

Another one more classic and I think, this is the one you want.

I will try something. To other, don't hesitate to try too.

Daniel3D

Considering the speed in which you can deliver cars Ryoma,
and seeing this one almost finished, I think it's safe to say, it's all yours  ;)

I also think the second dash is better though, and the in-game picture you attached is good.
(change the colors though, hehe. The wood grain would look nice)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Daniel3D

Quote from: CTG on April 10, 2021, 05:48:32 PM
Probably my only work worth for it, back from 2013/14.

please upload other projects as well,  8)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Ryoma

Ryoma

Ryoma

Dashboard - still missing, applied the Melange dashboard for speed tests. Challenger has a super cool dashboard in real world - although 4 speedo/tacho/whatevermeters seem to be a bit too much for Stunts (way too small). Previously, I planned the attached simplification.

I agree 70 pixels is very short, I have to cheat with the wheel which is not "round" now.

What do you think about this ? (About 16 hours of work)

alanrotoi

CTG

Quote from: Ryoma on April 11, 2021, 07:18:50 PM

I agree 70 pixels is very short, I have to cheat with the wheel which is not "round" now.

What do you think about this ? (About 16 hours of work)

Excellent, thank you!

Ryoma

I think I will have some issues with the mask and ins2. Maybe, I will decrease the position of the spokes...or remove like the Delta

Cas

If you're too short with the 70 pixels, you can extend the steering wheel just a little bit towards the dash top, so that the dot doesn't actually get drawn there. On the other hand, the dash itself can indeed be made higher than 70 pixels, even though Stunts does not use this in any car, but then that many pixels won't be transparent anywhere.

I'm saying this without having actually been involved in a lot of dashboard design, of course. You surely know much better than I. I'm still to fix the dash manager issues, something that will actually be incorporated into the new CarWorks instead.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Ryoma

In fact, I made a lot of dashboards more than 70px. But the arrows and the "fasten your seabelt" are masked (Diablo and NASCAR).

If I can stay at 70 pixels, I do. Else, I will cheat again.

KyLiE

That dashboard looks great!  Low resolution woodgrain graphics are so charming! :) My only suggestion is to add some colour to the rim of the steering wheel to soften it and make it look a little more natural.  Also, I think that you should try to retain the spokes, if possible.

Quote from: Ryoma on April 11, 2021, 07:18:50 PM
About 16 hours of work

That sounds about right!  I've been doing the same thing lately.

Ryoma

Yes the rim came from td2 (ega graphics) and it's so flashy. I will try something else.

Ryoma

Need some cosmetics but what do you think ?