News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Stunts World Map

Started by alanrotoi, April 24, 2021, 12:08:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Following my project in 2003 to make a Stunts map of tracks building them to make the sense of continuity I draw a map to joint all my published tracks. There are still some empty spaces but they will be filled. I want to make a site like google maps but for stunts. Every track will have the date it was published, the competition, the scoreboard, a link to the winning replay video, etc.

Also I asked Duplode to help me solve some technical (programming/hosting) issues. But I think it might be a common project. I would like people to participate too and fill those empty spaces of the map.

You can see the map and find every track in the coordinates. This is a picture to show the idea. The empty spaces were filled with random drawed dark landscape with photoshop.

I need to find a good name for this project. "Stunts racing ground" or "MeganiuM training ground" or "Stunts track maps" or "Stuntsland" or something like that. This is the idea, what do you think?

dreadnaut

This is glorious, and I'll be honoured to fill a square of the Land of Stunts!

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 24, 2021, 12:08:19 AM
Also I asked Duplode to help me solve some technical (programming/hosting) issues.

By the way: I had promised to add a feature to Cartography meant to support this map, but I didn't manage to bring myself back to it since late February. Sorry Alan! I'll try to resume work on that over the next week.

alanrotoi

Quote from: Duplode on April 24, 2021, 12:15:38 AM
Quote from: alanrotoi on April 24, 2021, 12:08:19 AM
Also I asked Duplode to help me solve some technical (programming/hosting) issues.

By the way: I had promised to add a feature to Cartography meant to support this map, but I didn't manage to bring myself back to it since late February. Sorry Alan! I'll try to resume work on that over the next week.

Since I must solve the hosting problem most of the items can wait. Only the production of tracks seems able to keep going :)

Cas

Hey!  Count on me!  Uhm... the C4 tile looks like a very interesting terrain shape. If it's available, I could make a track based on it and publish it in Race For Kicks!  By the way, last day of 4:00am today!

I think this project is a very good and original idea!  For a name, I don't know... There's OpenStreetMap.org, so this could be something like "OpenTrackMap" or "OpenStuntsMap.org" or something like that XD
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

KyLiE

This is an interesting and impressive project!  I'd also be happy to contribute a track.  I think dreadnaut made the best suggestion for a name with "The Land of Stunts". 8)

Quote from: alanrotoi on April 24, 2021, 12:25:44 AM
Since I must solve the hosting problem most of the items can wait. Only the production of tracks seems able to keep going :)

What kind of hosting problem do you have?

Ryoma

Daniel3D

Very cool.
I do wonder how many track maps would we need to make the biggest gamemap ever?
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Ryoma

Can we jump from G3 to F3, lol?

alanrotoi

Quote from: Daniel3D on April 25, 2021, 12:20:58 PM
Very cool.
I do wonder how many track maps would we need to make the biggest gamemap ever?

We could calculate the size of the map from the size of the cars. I think somebody did it and the info is somewhere in this forum.

Quote from: Ryoma on May 02, 2021, 05:25:29 PM
Can we jump from G3 to F3, lol?

Maybe ::) ;D Anyther thing it is possible is to build hidden tracks between the real tracks ;) For example Half track in G3 and the other half in F3.

We should make some rules for builders like keeping the map borders.

Ryoma

a tile is a square of 60 meters.

alanrotoi

Wow... so the cars are about... 15 mts long?

Ryoma

If you use car0 instead of car1, yes.

Daniel3D

Quote from: alanrotoi on May 02, 2021, 11:20:38 PM
Wow... so the cars are about... 15 mts long?
No, about 4 meters long, 2 meters wide and sports cars about 1 meter high.
A full map is 1800 x 1800 meters. Or 3,25 square kilimeters (if my math is correct)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

CTG

The tile is 62.5 m long (according to Stunts wiki), so the area of a track is 3.52 km2.