News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Kris Hatlelid has agreed with an interview.

Started by Daniel3D, June 11, 2021, 09:28:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

So. Kris Hatlelid has agreed with an interview.
The one man behind the KMS file format
He worked on the music of stunts as well as the software for it.

I'm collecting questions. So, if you have any ::)
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

llm

if he know s anyone that is able to find the original source code

Cas

I would like to know if he composed the music directly with the software at that time or if he did it on real instruments before getting to the computer. Also, I'm curious whether there were other music tracks in the project that ended up not making it to the release of the game... and maybe he still has some.

It is clear that the music of Fight (4D sports boxing) was composed by the same person, so it must have been him too, right?
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

1337haxoryt

I'm wondering what he actually thinks about the game, and if he still plays the game. (If he has at all.)

Zapper

I would like to know if it also has contributed directly on making of sound effects (VCE file format).

dreadnaut

I would add:

• Among the video game music you have composed, do you have a favourite? Where would the Stunts theme sit on your top 10?
  • What led you away from the video game industry? What are you interested in / working on today?
  • Our Holy Grail is to find, one day, the Stunts source code. Would you have any directions or contacts to help us on our quest?

Duplode

Quote from: Cas on June 12, 2021, 09:32:03 PM
I would like to know if he composed the music directly with the software at that time or if he did it on real instruments before getting to the computer.

This is roughly one question I'd suggest, thinking of Gutix's cover of the main theme: on which instruments the music was originally composed?

Here is another one: what was your involvement in the PC-98 and FM Towns ports of Stunts?

(For reference, here are screenshots of the credit screens in the PC-98 version. The Japanese ports have a few extra music tracks, and I suppose there were a few technical details to straighten out in the platform conversions.)