News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Website

Started by KyLiE, June 25, 2021, 01:42:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyLiE

Race For Kicks will be offline from 26/6/2021 for server maintenance.  We will be back online before the next race starts on 1/7/2021. :)

dreadnaut

Quote from: KyLiE on June 25, 2021, 01:42:18 PM
Race For Kicks will be offline from 26/6/2021 for server maintenance.  We will be back online before the next race starts on 1/7/2021. :)

Do you guys need some server space for that period? I can spin up something and copy the files over, and you could point the domain to another server for that week if you'd like.

Unless the maintenance is because you are working on cool new things of course :)

alanrotoi

I suspect about cool new things ::) ::)

KyLiE

Quote from: dreadnaut on June 25, 2021, 10:04:21 PM
Do you guys need some server space for that period? I can spin up something and copy the files over, and you could point the domain to another server for that week if you'd like.

Thanks for the offer!  I will keep that in mind for the future.  We actually had a lightning strike here on 11/5/2021 and a lot of equipment was damaged.  I had to wait for a replacement motherboard to come from the UK and the server is back up and running now, I just need to reinstate it.  The downtime would normally be less than an hour but I thought I would take this opportunity to perform some network upgrades.  Even so, this should take less than a day and since we don't have an active race at the moment, I don't think it will be an issue.

Quote from: alanrotoi on June 26, 2021, 01:56:13 AM
I suspect about cool new things ::) ::)

Sorry to disappoint, but alas, the work on the website itself will simply be a file copy operation.

Cas

That's right!   About new features, it's been some time since I last added something cool. KyLiE has been asking me about a feature I planned before and haven't implemented yet, but even that is only visible to admins. We may come up with small changes during the rest of the year. We actually have some features that are relatively new, but probably went unnoticed, like how posted replays now display both date and time and you can configure how the time is shown for your profile. But I think the site will stay pretty much the same unless some of you have some great suggestion! :D  We probably will be including something new for next season.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

dreadnaut

Do you think there is space for a "current track" box and link on the home page? It feels like it always takes me a couple of clicks too long to get to the active race.

KyLiE

Quote from: dreadnaut on June 29, 2021, 08:15:59 PM
Do you think there is space for a "current track" box and link on the home page?

This has already been implemented on the right of the home page.  Is it not visible in your browser?

dreadnaut

Quote from: KyLiE on June 30, 2021, 11:46:19 AM
This has already been implemented on the right of the home page.  Is it not visible in your browser?

It is, I clearly didn't pay attention :-X  Has it been there for months, maybe?

KyLiE

Quote from: dreadnaut on June 30, 2021, 08:40:18 PM
Has it been there for months, maybe?

Only since 20/9/2020. :P

Cas

Ha, ha... I reckon it's not visible enough. Maybe I should make it more graphical or button like

Daniel3D

Quote from: Cas on July 01, 2021, 02:29:54 AM
Ha, ha... I reckon it's not visible enough. Maybe I should make it more graphical or button like
Bigger font for current race (preferably in stunts.ttf)
And an image of the track below.

I think that is enough.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

Yes, that looks good... although I like the delicate aesthetics it currently has, ha, ha. Also, I need some time to change the code. I'll consider that