News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

art of rally

Started by dreadnaut, July 16, 2021, 04:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dreadnaut

I've been having some fun with the "art of rally" demo. Got down to 4:01.8 on the track available.

It reminds me a bit of Stunts as you need to really learn the track to do well, to tap-tap-tap the steering to keep the car on the road, and... to set the graphics to lowest so that I can have an OK frame-rate on my 2015 laptop! And then it looks like this...  ::)

KyLiE

Ha ha! :) That is reminiscent of Stunts!

Cas

I only had one rally game in my life... and I think I still do. I don't remember the name right now, but if I find it, I can let you know. It was from the latest times of DOS games... maybe 1995 or 1996.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Cas on July 25, 2021, 04:38:31 AM
I only had one rally game in my life... and I think I still do. I don't remember the name right now, but if I find it, I can let you know. It was from the latest times of DOS games... maybe 1995 or 1996.
I had Colin McRae Rally in 1998. That was my first "high end" game. I bought my own computer late 1995 to upgrade from a 286 or 386 to a Pentium.
So 1996 was the earliest I could have had Stunts.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

I got a 386 and a year after, I upgraded it to a 486DX4. This is, my mother bought those. I was too young to work, ha, ha. Later, I bought an old 286 from a friend and I upgraded it directly to a Pentium 200MHz with MMX. At this point, I stayed like that for several years. In 2005, I had my first reasonable job and I was able to afford buying a computer myself. I went for a Celeron 700MHz, which was not what people were buying then, but the Pentium IVs that were common then did not have motherboards with ISA slots and I wanted to be able to use my SB AWE64, that was DOS compatible. That was the last computer for which I really put attention to the specs. After that, I've always bought what's "average", since all computers seem to be much faster and have much more of everything that I may need for the use I give them.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.