News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Ferrari 312 T, T2 & T4

Started by Ryoma, July 17, 2021, 10:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryoma

The two cars are very similar. So now, we have :
500F2 (WC 1952 & 1953)
156 F1 (WC 1961 pilot & constructor)
312 T (WC 1975 pilot & constructor)
312 T2 (WC 1976 constructor & 1977 pilot & constructor).

9 titles of 31.

Ryoma

And now the T4 WC with Jody Sheckter and constructor with Gilles Villeneuve.

11 titles of 31.

KyLiE

Ryoma

Thanks, I have to modify the gear ratio, because 3rd and 4th are too close.

Ryoma

Ryoma

I think it will be impossible to make the F1 from Schumacher and Raikkonen because the Max RPM is 13000 for Stunts...20000 in reality.

Daniel3D

Quote from: Ryoma on July 23, 2021, 03:08:34 PM
I think it will be impossible to make the F1 from Schumacher and Raikkonen because the Max RPM is 13000 for Stunts...20000 in reality.
Sorry for the late response to this.
CAS and I are researching the tachometer at the moment. And we are looking for the Max RPM.
RPM is calculated based on the torque and gear ratios. This is stored in a 16bit register. So it definitely has a limit. But it is higher than 13000.
Carworks has 13000 as max in its graphic because none of the cars at that time went beyond that.

The tachometer can display up to at least 15000 (16.256 is the absolute display maximum of the current tachometer). But  I don't know how the game engine will handle this or how high it can accept.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Striker

Hi I really would like to test those beauties. Can you provide a download link?
Tank you! :)
Wasn't Niki Lauda also piloting these in the late 70s?

Cas

Actually, when I was programming CarWorks, I noticed that if I placed a limit at 13k RPM, every existing car would be OK and I'd be able to use plain pixel-to-RPM resolution, which is neat. I knew the maximum was much higher, but if I had to fit it in the graphic, the number of pixels per RPM block would be non-integer and that wouldn't look good. That's why I left it that way. Of course, I could make a zooming option or a scrolling option later on to make it possible to access higher RPMs.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

Quote from: Striker on May 19, 2023, 09:27:58 AMHi I really would like to test those beauties. Can you provide a download link?

These cars (and many others!) can currently be found in Ryoma's Mega folder: https://mega.nz/folder/1mJEwDCC#4k1vV5V8T_xgxcNidXV31w . And yeah, T and T2 are the Lauda Ferraris -- and they're very fun to drive in Stunts  :)