News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

RULES

Started by al il professore, July 07, 2003, 12:20:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

al il professore

add what you think about IRC rules to help mingva give us clear limits. We need to clear the off the track rule, and to sweep all the elements bugs from this competition. Please help.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Mingva

So, I prepared a primary version of IRC rules:
http://rally.tinklapis.lt/indy/rules.doc

I'm waiting your comments, suggestions, remarks, etc. Maybe I did terrible grammar mistakes? Maybe one sentence from rules must belong to another chapter? Write everything in this topic :)

There will be some pictures but I'll add it later, in August (when I'll return to work, to my old win98).

al il professore

i disagree

one full wheel on the track: its like one wheel on the track, you wont be able to read the rpl and there will be problems. its not sufficient, i think in the post you erased, i explained my opinion enough, here is the last message i post here.
It is reasonable to expect that genetic influences on traits like IQ should become less important as one gains experiences with age. Surprisingly, the opposite occurs.

Krys TOFF

I think that as long as a part of one tyre is on the road, you are considered on the road.
I watched Alain's replay on Dublin and think it's valid.

You'll have to zoom to the max sometimes to be sure that the FULL wheel is on the track... Don't waste time on that, you are the referee of IRC Mingva.
You considered Al's replay on Dublin valid. So it's valid.

al il professore

what do you all mean by full wheel? i think a wheel on the track or not on the track, you can see it in stunts, because there will always be an angle to see it, and there are not much pixels on the screen with 640*480 display. i dont know. perhaps stunts is 320*240 pixels. i dont know.

Mingva

I forgot to write, how I'm validating your replays:

F3 view, 10 to top, 3 to right, no zoom in/out. I'll add it in rules now :)

I think, FULL wheel is a good solution. Because now isn't allways clear when wheel is on/over the road, and when not.

al il professore

lets try that objective way to say we are in the rules i test it stay tuned

BonzaiJoe

I think it will be hard to determine what a full wheel is. Then again it is also hard to determine if someone has any part of the car on the track, so I don't know really...
But we can't be quite sure.

al il professore

i agree. the problem with the full wheel: its the same problem than a part of a wheel. i prefer a part of a wheel because it will give more large paved way

Krys TOFF

Mingva

I deleted some unwanted posts (off-topic). Because I don't care who will be 1st on Asuncion or how many signs you will crash next time :x

Please, guys, I'm waiting your serious comments, recommendations, remarks related ONLY with "Indy Racing Cup" rules. For now it's the biggest brake to organize a normal competition without any ambiguities :( PershingII abandoned ISA (and Stunts) because of RH, and I can do it because of rules. So, be serious this time, or summer break can last VERY long  :?

Krys TOFF

Quotesummer break can last VERY long
*sic*

Last year, when I joined Stunts community, it was also supposed to be a small summer break at ISA, and it lasts many months until Mingva took the sequel to ISA former managers...
I don't want it to happen again.
One month break is OK, a dead competition is sad... :(
FSC page makes me feel sad... :(

I want IRC to continue, and I want clear rules.

Mingva, I think you should write that leaving the road is not only having all the car ON the grass, but it can be having all the car all OVER the grass.
Same as correct driving is having the car ON or OVER the track.
I say that because of Leo's replay number 5 on Assuncion and his reaction when you said his replay is invalid... :roll:

alanrotoi

I'm sorry but I can't find the error/mistake. The rules are clear. More clear than 1 year before and they were very clear!! Why you need to "rewrite" the rules or to explain them more? Aren't they clear? Are new opponents than can't understand? Mingva would leave for it?

Can you tell what's going on? Somebody told you the rules aren't ok?
Please Alain don't answer with jokes. Focus on the questions or shut up.

al il professore

yes alanrotoi, stop the jokes, and think

the problem came first from one of my rpls, where i used the tube trick which is a bug. Then i pointed on the rpl where you didnt follow the rules. Then akoss poo said i didnt follow the rules too. Open your eyes, the problem is that the administrator cant be an objective referee.

Mingva

hmmm, why nobody talking abt tricks/bugs? In Asuncion are two: pipe trick and bridge trick, used on previous tracks.

Maybe only driving through beton-block, loop and wall keep as bug? And other minor bugs/tricks let's allow?