Author Topic: Newbie scoreboard and progression  (Read 546 times)

Cas

• Corkscrew Cad
  • Think different. That's OK... as long as you think
    • View Profile
    • Dimioca Labs
Re: Newbie scoreboard and progression
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2021, 01:23:59 AM »
Well, this is a lot of information!  I have read rather quickly, so I may be missing something, but I'll give my humble opinion.

I think that, from a pipsqueak's perspective, it is wiser to not allow oneself to feel frustrated for not reaching a certain position in the scoreboard. This is a game we play together for fun and while trying to achieve better results is important, it's not like those who haven't managed to get to the first few positions should give up. And I say it as the not-very-good pipsqueak I am. If we don't seem to find a way to get as good a score as we would like, we should not blame the system, but just do our best... every time, whatever that is.

Now, from a tournament administrator's perspective or as somebody who just wants to see the community happy and strong, I understand the new system and I think Dreadnaut's effort is very positive and whatever we can do to make the game more enjoyable and the environment more comfortable for the community members is worth trying. Other interesting experiments in the past have given different results. The change in how the bonuses vary for cars worked very well!  So I hope these changes work well too :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.