News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Chevrolet Corvette CERV III

Started by KyLiE, October 01, 2021, 02:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyLiE

For decades, the only way you could drive this amazing prototype vehicle was to fire up Test Drive III: The Passion.  But let's face it, while the open world in that game was impressive for its time, the driving experience left a lot to be desired.  However, that all changes with the release of the Chevrolet Corvette CERV III for Stunts!

It was no easy feat to bring this car into the Stunts world.  While basic specifications were readily available, things like gear ratios and road test information were impossible to find.  Therefore, I tried to create a believable driving experience while remaining faithful to the specifications that were available.

Even though I was the leader of this project, it was a combined effort from the following people:

Cas: Extracting the original assets from Test Drive III: The Passion
KyLiE: Dashboard Graphics and Performance Data
Zapper: 3D Modelling

Features:

• 8 Available Colours
  • Low, Medium and High Detail Models
  • Optimised CGA and EGA Dashboard Palettes
I hope you enjoy this car and I look forward to seeing it on the tarmac for many races in the future, the first of which is being held at Race For Kicks.  Now...

Fasten your Seatbelt!

KyLiE

alanrotoi

Niiiiice! 225 mph max speed?? Damn it comes from hell :D Let's give a try! Also I want a watch a streaming by Marco giving a try!

Daniel3D

Very cool.
An other great car for the collection.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

Very happy to see it finally available for the community!  This all started many months ago, when KyLiE asked me if it was possible to obtain the shape of the cars from Test Drive III. At the beginning, I didn't think it could be done, but then he pointed out that I had already posted on a thread in which a TD3 scenario had been converted to Blender and analysing this file, I found that the car models were there. I had to locate them, clip them and convert them. KyLiE took over and worked hard for a long time on the shape, the parameters and the dashboard. There were some glitches with the shape that we had tried to fix, but tended to reappear. Zapper came to the rescue and now everything is just perfect. Great work, guys!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Zapper

KyLiE,
Congratulations for publish this log running project!
It's a fine car and nicely developped.
I'm also glad to colaborate on the fixing of some rendering bugs.

KyLiE

Thanks Cas and Zapper!  It wouldn't have been possible without your help.

Ryoma

Great car, congratulations to all.

I made my own version with a more realistic shifter for the gearbox (but automatic shall be used).

Your version is more pratically than mine.

Ryoma

KyLiE

Quote from: Ryoma on October 04, 2021, 08:30:34 PM
I made my own version with a more realistic shifter for the gearbox

I thought long and hard about this when I was implementing the shifter.  With your version, it would show that the car was in Neutral, Reverse and Park when it was actually in fourth, fifth and sixth gear respectively.  If you changed the shifter positions so that it always stayed in Drive, the shifter would still be displayed for every gear change, but it wouldn't move.  I decided to implement the shifter in such a way that it was still clearly an automatic transmission, but it would also show which gear you were in.

Quote from: Ryoma on October 04, 2021, 09:13:59 PM
What do you think for the CRT ?

I did consider this and I tried to add some colour to the screen, but I felt that it looked a little jarring with the Stunts palette.

alanrotoi

#testdriveIII

#stunts

The Test Drive III version is a piece of junk compared to this. What a great work you did guys! :D

Daniel3D

DSI didn't get to do TD III (to ambitious maybe) but went ahead and made it anyway. They called it Stunts.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

Cas

Great!  The CERV III has its article!  Uhm... I'm thinking that some information that should be added would be:

* The period of time during which it was being developed
* The first official race in which it was used (which was in Race For Kicks)
* The first official ZakStunts race in which it was features (which is this one)

I'm at work right now... and falling asleep, ha, ha... otherwise, I'd be adding those bits, but at least, I take note here in the meantime.
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Please make all the changes you need. It's just a kick start.