News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Chevrolet Corvette CERV III

Started by KyLiE, October 01, 2021, 02:28:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cas

Thanks for starting it. I'll finish today's work, have a shower, and get to some editing :)
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

I did a couple extra pictures. Just in case :D

Cas

Oh!  I've just been updating the article. Do you want to give the pictures a place there?  They look great!

There are things I would like to add, but don't know much about. Namely:
  • The 3D improvements made by Zapper, I only know in general, but if there are more details on his work, it'd be great
  • I've described the events that I remember, but from KyLiE's perspective, there probably is more to explain, since he was the one actually dealing with the car making in almost every aspect
  • I've looked and couldn't find the Test Drive article here in the forum. It'd be great to make a reference to it
  • I would like to add a section or paragraph describing qualitatively how the car behaves, like, "it's a relatively fast car, comparable to this one and that one", etc. But I don't know a lot about cars specs in Stunts and how to test them well

alanrotoi

Very nice article! I took more pics just in case they are useful. Such a nice 3d model needs more than one picture in my opinion. I don't know about how many disk space is available for the wiki but I would add more pictures of the cars (a different angle and a dashboard pic). I've never asked but I did something like that in Melange article.

Cas

There I added the images. I had to play with the widths to make them look balanced together and with the article and I think I found the spot! :)

alanrotoi

The light blue paintjob looks great! I like the idea of a main paintjob for the cars, like grey for Skyline, black for Speedgate or yellow for Melange.

KyLiE

Quote from: alanrotoi on January 23, 2022, 04:01:56 PM
The Test Drive III version is a piece of junk compared to this. What a great work you did guys! :D

Thank you for your kind words!  Interestingly, we started with the Test Drive III version when developing the 3D model for Stunts.

I've also made some changes to the Stunts Wiki article.  It's my first contribution so let me know if there are any issues.

Cas

I can see some improvements in the article. Very good!  There's still some information that I'd like to add there... like, I'd like to find that forum topic with the Blender model.

About the car default paint job, we've been using the deep blue paint job as a default almost always because it's the one that looks like the Test Drive III model. The actual CERV III is something in between that deep blue and this light blue, I think. Correct me, Mark, if I'm wrong. For a long time, I would've never thought to use another colour as the default, it was to me clearly the closest one to reality, but now that I see it light blue in high resolution in the article, I can't help thinking it looks great that way.

KyLiE

Quote from: Cas on January 26, 2022, 02:58:29 AM
There's still some information that I'd like to add there... like, I'd like to find that forum topic with the Blender model.

I've added a link to the forum topic as well as some information regarding performance.

Quote from: Cas on January 26, 2022, 02:58:29 AM
The actual CERV III is something in between that deep blue and this light blue, I think.

The real car has metallic paint, which means that the colour intensity changes in different lighting conditions.  I think the default deep blue in Stunts best represents the colour of the real car, however I agree that it looks great in cyan, which is why I made it an available colour. :)

Cas

Great that you found that link!  And you also completed the parameters missing in the table, besides adding the section. Amazing colour, that of the original CERV III!

Duplode

That's a very nice article; great job, folks!