News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Chevrolet Silverado Monster Truck

Started by alanrotoi, October 17, 2021, 07:21:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

It's on initial phase but we'll have a monster truck!! There is a lot to add but take a first look!

PS: available for download here!

Ryoma

Whaou the flames on the side....love it

KyLiE

Nice! :D I imagine that it will be as fast on grass as it is on tarmac, which will make shortcuts even more interesting.

Overdrijf

alanrotoi

Thanks!

Quote from: KyLiE on October 17, 2021, 11:24:56 AM
Nice! :D I imagine that it will be as fast on grass as it is on tarmac, which will make shortcuts even more interesting.

We accept suggestions ::)

It may change but I imagine a similar top speed of LM-002 (about 125 mph). An explosive 0-40 mph but then a normal acceleration.

I fixed the flames :)

alanrotoi

What about an American paintjob too? ::)

Cas

Wow!  This one really has a great look and it's something we still don't have. Makes me want to make a car myself!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

I couldn't wait to make a quick teaser :D

https://youtu.be/ZQWOyVEZT18

PS: Chevy Silverado and K-1500 is the same car so I'll use the more fashion name "Silverado" :D

Cas

Oh!  It can actually hop onto the boulevard directly!  Big wheels really work as big wheels! :o

alanrotoi

I was surprised too because I didn't use replay hadling for that stunt. It was a one shot scene. The only thing I changed in that car is the height (50 I guess). It was luck or maybe height isn't only a point of view parameter.

Cas

It'd be interesting to analyse whether both the wheel radius and the car height have an influence on this. And also, when jumping at the boulevard with normal cars, I normally try several times, but there doesn't seem to be a clear rule on when it will work and when the car will crash. Maybe this is an indicator of more or less how that works.

alanrotoi

Hmmm only a few tests but I think it was a combination of slow speed + luck.

Overdrijf

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 21, 2021, 04:25:11 PM

I think that was it. The car height stat might have an influence on it, but that would be a bit of a breakthrough in Stunts physics research, as it was so far understood to be cosmetic in nature. (The physical model of a Stunts car is basically a square, with all 4 corners resting on the ground while not jumping. The car height sets the camera position to a certain height above that square.) Wheel size does not influence this behavior, the visual 3D model is entirely cosmetic.

Maybe the car width or length has something to do with it???

It is a really cool shot though.

Really, really cool.

alanrotoi

Quote from: Overdrijf on October 24, 2021, 11:12:23 PM
Quote from: alanrotoi on October 21, 2021, 04:25:11 PM

I think that was it. The car height stat might have an influence on it, but that would be a bit of a breakthrough in Stunts physics research, as it was so far understood to be cosmetic in nature. (The physical model of a Stunts car is basically a square, with all 4 corners resting on the ground while not jumping. The car height sets the camera position to a certain height above that square.) Wheel size does not influence this behavior, the visual 3D model is entirely cosmetic.

Maybe the car width or length has something to do with it???

Yes, I think so. I was excited to find a new physics detail of the game :D

Quote from: Overdrijf on October 24, 2021, 11:12:23 PM
It is a really cool shot though.

Really, really cool.

Thank you very much!! I enjoy doing these videos to share the progress. Speaking about progress I finished the 3d shape of the truck (car1). I saw more monster truck pictures and realized they are a bit higher so I fixed it. Also  the chassis is higher. Only 3 points in total. I love the main fuchsia paintjob :D Those monster truck are always flamboyant (thank you google translation).

Ryoma

Flamboyant....it's a french word !!!