News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Winning Spree

Started by alanrotoi, October 19, 2021, 03:45:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Duplode's 1st place in zct243 broke my 5 won races in a row. Sounds spectacular isn't it? Well, there are extraordinary pipsqueaks who achieved more wins in a row. It is the case of Roy Wiegerinck that in 2001 won 6 races in a row (zct03 to zct08). A year later I joined this community and he was still the best. But... I had a pupil once that became a master and won 2 Zakstunts seasons. Also this guy has better skills and plays the guitar very well. I'm talking about Gutix of course! He won 8 races in a row (zct104 to zct111). stallin incredible, isn't it? Well, I had another pupil who is in my honest opinion the greatest Stunts pipsqueak of all times. He made his own amazing silent  quiet but methodic and unbeatable path. He also won 2 Zakstunts seasons. It's about Ayrton (who else?) that won 12 races in a row from zct79 to zct90. He won the last race of 2007 and the whole 2008 season!! That's the greatest winning spree!

I collected the info about all the winning sprees and who stopped but I'll mention the longest from every pipsqueak:

• 12 winning spree Ayrton, (zct79 to zct90) stopped by Bonzai Joe
  • 8 winning spree Gutix, (zct104 to zct111) stopped by Renato Biker
  • 6 winning spree Roy Wiegerinck (zct03 to zct08) stopped by Bismarck
  • 5 winning spree Alan Rotoi (zct238 to zct242) stopped by Duplode
  • 4 winning spree CTG (zct75 to zct78) stopped by Ayrton
  • 4 winning spree Alain (zct26 to zct29) stopped by Bonzai Joe
  • 4 winning spree Duplode (zct170 to zct173) stopped by Renato Biker
  • 4 winning spree Renato Biker (zct131 to zct134) stopped by Duplode
  • 4 winning spree Marco (zct182 to zct185) stopped by FinRok
  • 3 winning spree FinRok (zct212 to zct214) stopped by Overdrijf
  • 3 winning spree Bonzai Joe (zct19 to zct21) stopped by Alan Rotoi
  • 3 winning spree Akoss Poo (zct159 to zct161) stopped by Duplode
  • 3 winning spree Argammon (zct33 to zct35) stopped by Gutix
  • 2 winning spree Fdzierva (zct1 to zct2) stopped by Roy Wiegerinck

Notably some pipsqueaks did their longest spree more than once like Renato Biker or Akoss Poo.

KyLiE

That's an interesting and impressive list!  So, where do we sign up to become one of your pupils? ;)

alanrotoi

Quote from: KyLiE on October 19, 2021, 05:52:28 PM
So, where do we sign up to become one of your pupils? ;)

Those were the times I brought pipsqueaks from 4dsL (a popular but an amateur competition) to my team in zakstunts. That's why I insist in school teams.

Also this was Duplode's 50th golden medal in Zakstunts so congratulations! He is the pipsqueak with more winning sprees with a total of 13 (one time 4 races, six times 3 races and six times 2 races).

dreadnaut

Oooh, now I feel like I should highlight streaks on the medals table :)

alanrotoi

More weird records:

- Roy Wiegerinck won 11 races all of the in winning sprees (6, 3 and 2).
- Only 2 spree breakers hasn't winning spree yet being those races their only 1st place: Bismarck and Overdrijf.
- Ayrton won 23 races. More than the half of them were won in a row. (52,17%)
- All 20 Zakstunts seasons had at least 1 winning spree.

dreadnaut

There, I've updated the medals table to show years and streaks. If the style is not updated, you might need to hard-refresh the page with Ctrl-F5.

alanrotoi

Nice update! it's very clear now and more specific!

Duplode

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 19, 2021, 03:45:48 PM

• 4 winning spree Duplode (zct170 to zct173) stopped by Renato Biker
  • 4 winning spree Renato Biker (zct131 to zct134) stopped by Duplode

That is pretty cool  :)

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 19, 2021, 06:30:18 PM
Also this was Duplode's 50th golden medal in Zakstunts so congratulations!

Thank you! In my books, though, I still need one more victory to reach this milestione, as I didnt't really win ZCT156.

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 19, 2021, 06:44:59 PM
- Ayrton won 23 races. More than the half of them were won in a row. (52,17%)

That 2008 season was really something else. Time and again you'd think "all right, surely Ayrton can't keep this up forever", and time and again the bar would be raised even higher. If we also count the non-consecutive race entries in 2007 and 2009, Ayrton has won the last sixteen races he took part in. That streak is still ongoing...

KyLiE

Quote from: dreadnaut on October 19, 2021, 10:52:43 PM
I've updated the medals table to show years and streaks.

Nice work! :) What do the numbers on the medals signify?  Both the silver and the bronze medals have the number 2 on them.

dreadnaut

Quote from: KyLiE on October 20, 2021, 08:38:18 AM
What do the numbers on the medals signify?  Both the silver and the bronze medals have the number 2 on them.

They mean I was distracted and numbered them wrong :P  Fixed now!

alanrotoi

Gutix's z109 is a 1st place. You did it all manually? That's a lot of work. Oh and now we are talking about changes, could you mix my results from 2004? That year I raced under the name of Stunts Oracle :D

Overdrijf

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 20, 2021, 09:50:51 PM
Gutix's z109 is a 1st place.
That's a trippy scoreboard. In the overview of the year it says CTG won that month and Gutix was second. Then on the it says Gutix is first and CTG second, but both got 12 points because both got exactly the same corrected time. The trippy part however is that they do not have the same driven time, while they do use the same car. CTG was faster. What happened that race?

Quote from: Duplode on October 20, 2021, 03:52:09 AMThank you! In my books, though, I still need one more victory to reach this milestione, as I didnt't really win ZCT156.
Now that I'm asking anyway, what happened in that race?

Duplode

Quote from: Overdrijf on October 20, 2021, 11:20:02 PM
Quote from: alanrotoi on October 20, 2021, 09:50:51 PM
Gutix's z109 is a 1st place.
That's a trippy scoreboard. In the overview of the year it says CTG won that month and Gutix was second. Then on the it says Gutix is first and CTG second, but both got 12 points because both got exactly the same corrected time. The trippy part however is that they do not have the same driven time, while they do use the same car. CTG was faster. What happened that race?

The deadline of that race was accidentally set to July 30th instead of July 31st (back then, deadline day was always the final day of the month). Gutix led at the 30th, and CTG lead at the 31st, after the deadline was fixed. In the end, Zak ruled it a draw. A nice bit of trivia!

Quote from: Overdrijf on October 20, 2021, 11:20:02 PM
Quote from: Duplode on October 20, 2021, 03:52:09 AMThank you! In my books, though, I still need one more victory to reach this milestione, as I didnt't really win ZCT156.
Now that I'm asking anyway, what happened in that race?

CTG's 2014 disqualification. Since it didn't have to do with his results as CTG, in principle his race results should stand, with only the assignment of points being changed. This WIki article documents the affected races.

afullo

Quote from: Duplode on October 21, 2021, 12:09:10 AM
CTG's 2014 disqualification. Since it didn't have to do with his results as CTG, in principle his race results should stand, with only the assignment of points being changed. This WIki article documents the affected races.

It was fun to be proclaimed winner of the newbie league in March of the next year, when the "Agro Brothers" Rokker Zsolti and Boller Jani were exposed to be CTG's ghosts, as at least one dr1v3r conjectured still during the season...  :D

alanrotoi

More fun facts:

- There are 23 race winners, 14 of them had at least a winning spree and 9 haven't.
- Not a record to be proud but Alan Rotoi has the largest gap between sprees (z18-z238)
- The 4 race winning spree from Marco (z182-z185) only led him to reach 3rd possition overall in 2016 meanwhile Akoss Poo reached second place twice (2003 and 2004) without a single race won.
- CTG won 4 races in 2018 two of then in a row and finished 3rd overall. Seeker1982 finished 2nd overall without a single race won that year.
- FinRok won 4 races in 2019 three of then in a row. Also those were the only tracks he raced so couldn't reach the podium.