News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

Ford Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (Test Drive II)

Started by alanrotoi, October 29, 2021, 01:45:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanrotoi

Yes!! The Police car from Test Drive 2 & the duel is under construction! The Ford LTD Crown Victoria from 1983 will be a police interceptor tunned to race against the best super sport cars in this game somewhere between Ferrari GTO and IMSA. I think I'll try to emulate the hardest difficulty from Test Drive II & the duel where the police is a pain in the lower part of the back :D

The car files are attached in this post.

So this will be the second police car to complete the set:

- Ford LTD Crown Victoria Police Interceptor (top speed between 190mph - 205mph) Ferrari GTO level aprox.
- Dodge Monaco Highway Patrol (top speed between 150mph - 170mph) Acura or Porsche Carrera level aprox.

I want to build them to make a fun experience for the player. Also the challenge is to make it drivable by the opponents in a live race against these super sport cars too. What do you think?

Overdrijf

Organize a mini tournament, 3 cars 3 tracks, call it the cop cup. ;)

KyLiE

Quote from: alanrotoi on October 29, 2021, 01:45:52 AM
I want to build them to make a fun experience for the player. Also the challenge is to make it drivable by the opponents in a live race against these super sport cars too. What do you think?

I think it's a great idea.  If you made the performance realistic, they would be outclassed by the majority of the Stunts line-up and therefore, not that much fun.  Also, the 3D model looks great! :)

Cas

Yeah!  It really looks superb!
I'm thinking that there should be a wiki post about the "2021 car making frenzy"  ;D  The number of cars has grown geometrically this year!
Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

alanrotoi

Avoid speeding or you'll be chased by our highway patrol and the police interceptor ;)
Thank you for your cooperation.
- 3d Shape of both cars are finished
- Dashboard for Ford Crown Victoria 80% finished
- Ford Crown Victoria game performance 70% finished

alanrotoi

- 3d shape finished
- car specs and performance finished
- Dashboard 80% finished

alanrotoi

I'm using carworks for the performance of the car. It is a lot easier to edit than car blaster. I can't find some details as the width of the car. I did the car so narrow that can't crash against trees or the finish line  ;D. Where can I edit this parameter with carworks?

Daniel3D

Carworks can automatically calculate those values I believe.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

alanrotoi

The car is finished. I just messed up with the dashboard graphics... the ins1, whl3... and all that shit. Is there an easy way to put the parts in order?
Why we must put the stallin same graphic over the same graphic in some parts? I mean whl3 over ins3 for example. What a waste of time.

Daniel3D

It's layers. The whl3 is steering wheel layer.the ins3 instrument panel layer. The animation of the needle Goes over 'ins' and under 'whl'.

At least, that's what I figured.
Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi

Daniel3D

Edison once said,
---------
---------

alanrotoi