News:

Herr Otto Partz says you're all nothing but pipsqueaks!

Main Menu

about moving Topics.

Started by Daniel3D, November 02, 2021, 10:24:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daniel3D

In the last months, some changes have been taking place that have resulted in modified versions of Stunts.
Because there are more ideas and wishes there is a sub forum in reverse engendering.

Some current topic have evolved to fit better in the sub forum (stunts modifications) and some just fit there better.

But before is start asking Duplode to overhaul the forum and drag topics around, I would like other opinions.

The topics I want to move to begin with are.
Stunts V11 M10 etc.. topic
The Ferrari edition topic
changing the color of the needle topic.

and at the moment moved topics get a reminder topic (like the deep dig topic in reverse engineering)
I would like to propose we don't do that for topics moved to stunts modifications but log them here to keep the forum cleaner.
Edison once said,
"I have not failed 10,000 times,
I've successfully found 10,000 ways that will not work."
---------
Currently running over 20 separate instances of Stunts
---------
Check out the STUNTS resources on my Mega (globe icon)

Cas

Earth is my country. Science is my religion.

Duplode

It's all a bit fluid to my eyes, but I guess the main difference would be between:

• Questions, suggestions and investigations, which are the bulk of what's currently in the Reverse Engineering subforum; and
  • Discussion of projects with the explicit goal of releasing modified versions of the game, like the ones you have been carrying out.
The new subforum could be a suitable venue for project-oriented discussion, such as update announcements, choosing feature sets, coordinating collaboration, and so forth. If I'm making sense (let me know if I am not!), we might perhaps tweak the name of the new subforum to "Sutunts Modification Projects", and, for extra visibility, make it independent of the Reverse Engineering one.

Quote from: Daniel3D on November 02, 2021, 10:24:46 AM
and at the moment moved topics get a reminder topic (like the deep dig topic in reverse engineering)
I would like to propose we don't do that for topics moved to stunts modifications but log them here to keep the forum cleaner.

The move notices aren't all that useful indeed, specially given that the moved topics keep their URLs. I'm inclined to leave the one for the needle topic, as it kind of belongs to both places, but disable it for the other ones.

Edit: if we're doing it that way, I guess dreadnaut's Small steps topic might also be worth moving.

Daniel3D

Well, yeah. That's what I meant to say.  8)
Edison once said,
---------
---------

Duplode

Okay, topics moved! I have also adjusted the name and description of the subforum a little bit.

Daniel3D

Edison once said,
---------
---------